Libbey vs. Anchor Apothecary jars with GG palm

Have decided to jump into the double wicking end of things (already doing it with some FO's with the Status jar) and figured it was time to start testing the apothecary jars. Which do think is better, the Libbey Seamless or the Anchor Pressed? Have never dealt with either and assume the Anchors are heavier? Prices are about even from my research (fairly cheap until you add in that damn shipping, LOL). Looking to try the 4" by 4" size to start. Also with the deeper (5 -5 1/2 inch) jars, has anyone found a problem with the flames having troubles? Will be using GG Palm.

Thanks guys.

Steve

Hey Steve

I played around with GG in apothecary jars for quite a while and could not get a burn I was happy with. Having said that though, I am somewhat lazy and hate to double wick, so was testing with a single wick only. Even with my soy, if I cant get a nice burn and good throw out of a single wick then that scent will be relrgated to tarts only :)

I know that probably does not help you too much but thats my experience with GG and apothecary jars.

Not a big fan of double wicking myself. But with some FO's I had to do it with the 12 oz Status and 12 oz Whispers, so figured I would just branch out into the larger apothecaries. Just don't know which one is better, or if it just personal opinion. Looks like I will just have to break down and order several different styles and sizes. Worried about the deeper ones, if the flame will struggle so far down in a jar.

Cheers,

Steve