purchase tea lights

jwn6w

Hello I was just wondering:confused: if anybody can recommend where to purchase good tea lights. I used to buy them (100/bag) from Bed, Bath & Beyond but they have really gone down hill as far as I am concerned. They do not even look the same anymore and sink in the middle.:angry2: I remember when they were $4.00/ bag and now they are $5. I would not mind if they burned like they should. I have had many that do not even have wicks in them and others that just go out for no reason. It really annoys me that they cheapened them so. I think they are made by Colonial Candle Co. if I remember correctly. Has anybody else that buys from them noticed this? I am in Va but am quite sure that they would be the same nation wide. Thanks:(

Well hi there in Palmyra Virginia.....I am Donita. Used to live in C'ville left for Lake Tahoe four years and just moved back to Crozet. I used to have a store on the downtown mall and a kiosk at Fashion Square Mall. I was part of Farmer's Market and a founding member of Transient Crafters now C'Ville Arts. Do I know you? I made many many many hurricane/luminary type candles. Thousands. I like plastic cups so I bought boxes of tea lights from Candlewic ....took them out of the tin cups and bought plastic cups from them. I found it cheaper to do that. I could have bought wholesale from Colonial candle but their minimum order was something like 5,000. The candlewic tea lights burn fine. I am making my own beeswax now. I like the color of the flame and the way they burn better. Good luck. I used to live out in Bremo Bluff....overlooking the James. Where are you selling candles or do you just make them for fun. It is so good to be back in Virginia.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't sell them just playing around for fun and sometimes it is not always fun!! Wish I had more time to get better at it but I guess I will have to wait. Thanks for your reply. Glad your happy to be back in Va. I am from Western and would love to be back there.

Well hi there in Palmyra Virginia.....I am Donita. Used to live in C'ville left for Lake Tahoe four years and just moved back to Crozet. I used to have a store on the downtown mall and a kiosk at Fashion Square Mall. I was part of Farmer's Market and a founding member of Transient Crafters now C'Ville Arts. Do I know you? I made many many many hurricane/luminary type candles. Thousands. I like plastic cups so I bought boxes of tea lights from Candlewic ....took them out of the tin cups and bought plastic cups from them. I found it cheaper to do that. I could have bought wholesale from Colonial candle but their minimum order was something like 5,000. The candlewic tea lights burn fine. I am making my own beeswax now. I like the color of the flame and the way they burn better. Good luck. I used to live out in Bremo Bluff....overlooking the James. Where are you selling candles or do you just make them for fun. It is so good to be back in Virginia.

Hey, look who's back... So glad to see you and hope you'll be around a lot more.

I see big bags of t-lites at WalMart, Micheal's and just about any discount store.

I can't say much for the Walmart or Michael's tealights either. This year I was so busy making tealights for wedding planners that I didn't have time to make any for myself before going back to our second home, so I bought a bag from Walmart and one from Michael's when I was there for some last minute things I needed.

Both bags had tealights with no wicks...some with no tins!!! The burn time for each tealight was terrible, and the flame so low that some of them you could hardly tell they were lit. (I missed my 10 hour tealights!)

I know they're inexpensive, but it only goes to show you get what you pay for.:tiptoe: