Melting Point of waxes

I'm about to embark on my first attempt at candle making, and I wanted to make them scented. I'm a little confused about the melting point of the wax though. The two waxes I was looking at were Candlewics Container Blend Wax [CBL-129] and AstorLite Blended Candle Wax [J-50]. The melting points of these are 124F and 128F respectively. Is this normal/acceptable or is there a higher temp I should be looking for? Thanks!

Howdy and welcome to the board. :)

As you'll hear often around here.... That depends ;) Those are typical MP for container wax. If you're wanting to make container candles, it's perfect. MP and hardness follow the type of candle. Use whatever type wax fits the candles you're making. Votives are between containers and pillars. Pillars are a medium, hurricanes are high MP.

You'll find all kinds of helpful info here. From the links on the left, to the Help and FAQ's section, to all the previous posts. Most anything you'd neen to know is here. "Search" is your friend, even when not many people are posting. Good luck