votive packaging ideas and price

I am getting ready for a craft show and it seem that things have gone up in price...I think if my figures are right i need to charge 1.50 - 1.70 per votive depending on packaging.

Also, I need packaging ideas...I currently use boxes but only for my returning customers and they return the box for more so I don't charge the .50 it cost me...but for a show i will need to ...so price of votive will be like

6 boxed for 18.00 ,,,yikes!!

What are you all charging for votives

Jar candles too are more ...dang I was charging a nice 5.50 for a 8 oz mason jar candle that actually has 6.50 oz of wax in it....that has gone up to bout $7.00 is what I need to charge for a candle. :(

Or am I just behind the times here??

I'm no help on the pricing/packaging of votives since I just started testing them. Have not looked at packaging yet. However, I'm a little confused on your pricing of your votives.

If your're charging $1.70 per votive, how are you getting $18 for a box of six? Wouldn't it be about $10.70?. (1.70*6)=10.20 plus 50 cents for the box, $10.70. Am I missing something? $18.00 is very high for votives and I wouldn't pay that.

$7.00 for the jar candle doesn't seem high to me and would be willing to pay that price.

hmm.. my four pack of votives I have priced out at 3.74 wholesale. That includes the box, all raw materials, and electricity/time/labor/storage....

7.50 for 4... pretty much the max.

I get boxes from papermart.. only .13c per box for a 4 pack box, so thats a pretty tiny cost.

Edited by LuminousBoutique

I'm no help on the pricing/packaging of votives since I just started testing them. Have not looked at packaging yet. However, I'm a little confused on your pricing of your votives.

If your're charging $1.70 per votive, how are you getting $18 for a box of six? Wouldn't it be about $10.70?. (1.70*6)=10.20 plus 50 cents for the box, $10.70. Am I missing something? $18.00 is very high for votives and I wouldn't pay that.

$7.00 for the jar candle doesn't seem high to me and would be willing to pay that price.

oh ya big booboo there it would be 11.70 cause i would charge times 3 for the box

luminous i will check out papermart in a few thanks

Edited by katshe

Mine are $2.25 each or $3.75 for a 2 pack. That's the only way I have done them so far. I was contemplating a 4 pack for Christmas. Some shows I do $2.00 depending upon the area. (My cost is .82).

btw...I just read an article about a company local to my area who sells their votives at $3.00 each! Soy...machine poured.

Trudi

Edited by NaturallyTru

oh ya big booboo there it would be 11.70 cause i would charge times 3 for the box

luminous i will check out papermart in a few thanks

ok. That makes more sense :)

Papermart is great for packaging. Reasonable prices too. Also another place you can look is Uline. They have really fast shipping as they will ship the same day if you get it in by a certain time. They have a wearhouse in Illinois, so I always get my stuff the next day!!!!