Suggestions please

comfortscents

I bought over 250 of those nylon bath scrunchies that are children related, I have molds that will match all of the animals except for the zebra ones..they are black and white zebras on a purple scrunchies.....I have no idea what kinds of soaps to pour to go with a zebra. I have pre sold 100 sets and have everything but no idea what to do with the zebra scrunchies...remember I'm a melt and pour soap maker so may have trouble w/ black. Ducks, Dolphins, Pig, Frogs and puppies can go out with this first order but what to do for a zebra just baffles me any suggestions? I did buy soap paint but does that last after the soap gets wet? Also I worry about black bleeding...

I've used a bit of black oxide to get a very desirable black color for Black Licorice this year. I don't think black is going to be your challenge, though... I think white will be. To get a good solid white you have to either use very light oils in a lard base recipe or use titanium dioxide.

Could you make the label zebra-ish instead of the soap itself?

O! I misread, thinking that she ... well, yeah! She can totally get a good white and a black soap is sold at Natures Garden!

http://www.naturesgardencandles.com/candlemaking-soap-supplies/item/blacksoap/melt-and-pour-soap--BLACK-Colored-Melt-and-Pour-Soap--2-lbs..html

(I was thinking you were going cold process and were only familiar with M&P)

I would just make a layered soap of black, white, and purple. In a cool shape though ~ a bubble dome, a hexagon, something like that. I use the black oxide from WSP, but I've never layered with it. Seems like Brambleberry has non-bleeding oxides and/or dyes, so you might take a peek there.

oh, and to answer your question about the paint ... mine will stay on even after getting wet, but typically my testers (aka my children) like to scrape it off, so it doesn't actually last past the first use in this house!

Edited by soapmom25
added more info