An idea on making soy drops! : )

OleFashionedCandleCo

Hello- I have seen a few older posts about soy drops/bead and how to make them. I came across this. Tell me what you think...

I had been googleing all day if you will- for soy drops and how to make them and what not and got nothing. and then when I was getting ready to give up- I looked over at the right side where there are other suggestions of websites and what not- and there it was- candy melt molds! So I clicked on the site and it took me a while to find it, but here is the link- haven't yet tried it- but believe me I'm going to- It only costs $1.99. and the hottest temp is allowed is 140 - 150 degrees F* so it should work for most soy wax at pouring temp. the link is:

http://www.candymoldcentral.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=8003

Hope the link works!:yay:

Hope it helps! : )

Natasha Wisler-

Ole Fashioned Candle Company

Hi and Welcome to the forum. Thanks for the link. :) I think the molds should be fine to use. i myself use the silicone molds that I find at the dollar store any other kitchen stores. They have worked fine for me. Buy a couple and give them a try to see if you like them. Then take pics so we can see how fabulous they look. :)

Well I kept looking again today- and you can actually buy them already made- but unscented- All you have to do is add dye and scent and let the drops/beads absorb fragrance and color. I'm so super excited!:yay:

http://candlesoylutions.com/closeup.asp?cid=22&pid=724&offset=0

Edited by OleFashionedCandleCo
wanted to add link

I have tried the pre-made soy drops from candle soylutions. I personally didn't like them. I colored and scented like the directions and it took over a month for the fo to absorb. When they finally did, they didn't keep a long scent throw. Try this mold from van yulay. It looks to be the same. I'm getting ready to order one.

http://vanyulay.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=54&idproduct=1553

HTH!!!

Yes- majority of companies/ people who sell the soy drops sell them in different amounts. like 1 oz, 3 oz, and so on. And they work just like tarts- you just put them in a warmer. They just melt faster & they are so CUTE!:cheesy2:

Also I have seen it where they are like potpourri- where you can just scoop the amount you want- and you have the option of mixing the different scents... They are really neat though!

Natasha Wisler