Smellie Jelllies - First time results!

PAgirl89

I used to use the jars that you have but the plastic cover under the cap will melt from the Fo, so be careful when you back them. I had a big mess. I now use the cardboard inserts for them with no problems. I do sell tons of them and also sell a small vital of Fo to go with them to refresh the Jellies.

:cheesy2:They look great and love the color. I make those also and the candle supply place near my home where I buy most of my things showed me to put a small amount in the candle warmer with a little bit of water added as the water starts to evaporate. Smells awesome! It's much stronger than just sitting out on a desk or even in a closet or car. You do have to add a small amount of oil so you can sell extra oil for more profits. I love your deep colors!

Thanks for the tips! I will definitely keep my eye on them. The recipe made 12oz jars which these are, but I had left over in the bowl that didn't fit in the jar, so I'm going to have adjust the recipe. And it called for 2 Tbs of fragrant, which I thought was a lot, considering the size of the jar. The aroma beads I ordered should arrive today, I'm going to try those too.

MTT - the cardboard inserts you use, you can buy them that way or do cut them yourself?

Also do you guys put a self adhesive round sticker on the lid over the vents to keep in the fragrance?

Thanks!

I use the mason square jar and the lids fits them. The lids already have the card board in them.

You have wonderful colors, what are you using for the red? I still can not get a good red. I use food coloring.

I'm using the soap dye that came with the kit I got from Nature's Garden. I noticed that with the ones I've made so far, I don't need more than 2 drops of the blue color to make it blue, the red I needed 5 or 6 drops to make the cherry red color I got.

The jars I used came with the kit, but I ordered smaller 4 oz jars and vented lids from Peak Candle. The 4 oz jars I'd like to use for my gift baskets.

I'm testing the throws now. I put two of the jars in rooms that are at opposite ends of the house and smaller rooms and closed the doors. 1 jar I placed in the largest room of the house that is an open area. I read that these sometimes work better in smaller rooms than larger ones, I'll see which one works better. I had really nice scent when I opened the jars.

Hey Jackie!

Well I've had them setting out for a day and a half and I must say they work quite well in smaller rooms. The Mulberry has pretty good throw, but it's a stronger scent than the Strawberry Preserves that I have sitting in the large living room. The other one I have in a closed bedroom that I don't use and very seldom go into and it's doing quite well in there, very nice scent.

I'm going to experiment with several other scents once my order arrives on Monday and I want to make smaller jars, these I made are 12oz, but I bought 4oz jars to use too.

Thanks for the tip on the cardboard inserts with the lids! I order some and new 8oz mason jars! I have a craft show coming up at the end of November and I want to take a variety of sizes and product.

The recipe that came with the kit calls for 2 Tbsp of fragrant for 2 teaspoons of crystals and 10oz of water. I follow it pretty much with each scent that I use. I haven't used the recipe for anything else than the 12oz jars. But I've noticed each scent is different in the strength department, so I'll have to adjust the recipe accordingly when using that scent again. For instance, the Mulberry I used 3 days ago smells great, the Strawberry Preserves, not so great of a throw as the others.

I gave my mom the French Market jelly I made, and she told me it works great and really gives off a strong scent in the room, so much so, she had to move the jar to a room at the other end of the house.

I got new scents delivered today so I'm making some Christmas scents, that is if my red dye holds out. Pics to follow.

I also like the layered look; very neat/unique idea!!

I sell ALOT of these also....one lady all she buys from me is the Vicks....she has a pot & puts it on a warmer as her hubby LOVES the smell of Vicks....!! I say P.U. but, hey I'm 'only' the maker....!! Whatever floats there boat....she also buys the Fragrant Warmer Oils in Vicks from me & adds drops of that while the Jelly is on the warmer pot....Heat is the 'Key' to making them smell really really well....from what I have found.

• 9 months later...