Tea Lights opinion please

I have just gotten into making the tea lights and have been testing alot of wicks. So far 464, clear plastic cups, tl21 unscented, with a palm (starburst) struggles to keep it melted. 464 t-light and soy (464) tart pretty good great scent throw, My question I burned both and at 9 hrs it was still going. Does that sound like alot of time. :laugh2:Should I maybe burn it in a bigger area than my office? Office is about 26ft by 14ft. I realize I need to wick up for the palm. But does a tea light normally burn that long?

9 hours is about right for a deeper tea light mold. I get about 7 hours out of a half ounce and the 3/4 inch deep tealight molds hold about .7 ounces.

vybar increases the burn time.

The scent throw is not very much because of the small pool diameter.

I've decided not to make tealights for profit. There are too many packages at the dollar store.

However, I do think that tealights are good for "samples" if folks want to know what a particular scent is like.

I've used some premade tabbed wicks from ebay for the tealights and they work just fine. At the moment, I can't find my tealight wicks. I was hoping to give you a number. I think they are like 32P zinc?

I would like to offer them with my burners, say 4 for 1.00 with a tart. never used vybar before I'm happy with the 464. thanks for the info.:yay:

I was going to do the same as you, but I am going to leave mine all unscented. I find that tealights just don't throw very well (because they are small), and was just going to have them to use with burners and to have with my forever pillars (whenever I get them done). Now, just need to work on testing them. They have been sitting on the back burnner for way to long.

that time with the 464 sounds about right. I LOVE burning tealites in bathrooms. The scent is just about right for the space.

I also love burning a several different scented tea lights in larger rooms. My 'people' are latching on to the tealites too since they realize what a bargain they're getting. It's a great way to sample a lot of fragrances and to make their own custom scents in their homes.

A couple people have told me they light one scent in the bottom of the melter (like vanilla) and have a different melt on top of the burner (like apple or lavender).

Wow, that's a good idea. I will make them scented and unscented. I was thinking the same tart FO, Might have to mix it up a bit.:yay:I will test a fragranced one with the next size up wick and see how it burns. Thanks for the ideas.