CB 135 Questions

Hi everyone.

I started out using EcoSoya CB Advanced and recently switched to CB 135 to improve the Hot Throw. I have not noticed any change in scent throw between the two waxes. I still have to be standing over the candle to smell the scent.

I'm using a 3" diameter jar, CB 135, Simple Soy Wicks Size 2 from www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com, 1 & 1/2 oz EO blend added at 175*, and pouring between 115* & 120*.

The candles adhered to the jar beautifully, which has always been a problem with the CBA. The tops were horrible looking, but smoothed out with the heat gun. They were a bit oily looling though. I read somewhere that pouring at a higher temp prevents the oils from sitting on the top. Any recommendations for this issue?

So my questions are: Can you notice a hot throw difference between CBA & 135, does anyone mix the two to increase hot throw and get smoother tops, if so what ratio, and what temp do you prefer to pour the CB 135?

Thanks so much and take care!

- Andi

I bought a case of CB135 incorrectly believing what the company said about "Good" throw. Yeah, good when you are standing over it like you noticed.

I came to realize that it had virtually no HT at all even when saturated to the max with scent.

You won't find me using that wax any more and the folks who sell it touting it as a "Good" throw wax are, IMHO, not accurate.

By the way, did I mention that I really think CB135 is a horrid choice for scented candles?

If not, let me say that I really think CB135 is a horrid choice for scented candles.

Um, I did use EO's in a mix. 75 percent paraffin and 25 percent CB135. Clary Sage, Lavender, Ylang Ylang, Orange, Lemon. All mixed and about an ounce for a half pound container. It was pretty good. I'm going to try it again with a different soy, or stay with straight paraffin.

Perhaps the word horrific better describes my feelings about CB135.

Thanks for getting back to me. I know it's tricky to get a good throw when using EO's, but something has got to work better than the CBA & CB135 waxes. I would love to hear more about the EZSoy which I believe is the same as the GB415, if anyone has any info. Thanks again and take care!

So I totally forgot that one of my co-workers was testing an older CB135 soy mason jar candle. She took it a couple of months ago and brought it back yesterday.

She burned it for all of a couple of hours and was very disappointed. The CT was fine. When she first lit it off the HT was fine. Then it fizzled out as for HT. She said she only smelled the FO if she stuck her nose right to the candle.

I told her that I had discontinued the CB135 for that very reason.

I bought a case of CB135 incorrectly believing what the company said about "Good" throw. Yeah, good when you are standing over it like you noticed.

I came to realize that it had virtually no HT at all even when saturated to the max with scent.

You won't find me using that wax any more and the folks who sell it touting it as a "Good" throw wax are, IMHO, not accurate.

By the way, did I mention that I really think CB135 is a horrid choice for scented candles?

If not, let me say that I really think CB135 is a horrid choice for scented candles.

Agreed! and Agreed!!!!! I've tried several combinations with CB135 and yet to get good scent throw.

I now use the CB 135 and have this Christmas scent wich give a nice hotthrow I must say.

I also bought the Ecosoya CB-XceL witch is more frostresisting and adheres better to the glass. The last benefit is why I bought the wax. The CB 135 sometimes pulls away from glasses.

I haven't tried the cb 135, but the advanced eco-soya. I was able to get get ct, but horrible ht. I gave up on ecosoya and ordered a box of 415( my 1st wax I used years ago) 415 for me has given me great ht, but still in testing mode. So a almost full 50 lb box of advanced sits in the basement stored away.

One of my testers brought a candle back to me that was pretty much still full. I had forgotten that she still had it. She said it smelled OK on CT and fine when she first lit it and then it just went dead for scent. She did not want to burn it any more. I think there is probably 1/2 oz wax burned, meaning about 4 hours or so. When I looked at it closer I recognized it as one of the CB135 candles that I poured in a standard mouth mason.

I think if you can get the melt pool pretty wide, like 4 or 5 FEET, this wax may throw ok.

Thesaurus also has horrendous, heinous, loathsome, appalling, dreadful, ....