Bowl Fillers & Grubby Loaves

Shirlee

Since I have almost 5 pounds of soy, which is apparently useless for tarts, I am thinking about using it for bowl fillers & grubby loaves ... maybe even for pillars where you insert a flicker candle in the top. My tarts made from 100% soy always smelled really nice after I finished making them but gave off no scent whatsoever in the tart burner (I used quality FOs purchased from reputable candle supply sites recommended by members here). I'm hoping that the soy will therefore give off a good scent in bowl fillers & grubby loaves.

1. Please let me know if 100% soy would not be a good choice for these items.

2. What is the best source for grubby loaf molds? I've found some on the Flexible Molds site but are there others that would be better/cheaper?

3. Is there anything about making loaves or bowl fillers that I might not know? I'm new at all this having only made a few unsuccessful tarts from 100% soy last year.

Thank you for your help!

Blessings,

Shirlee

In my experience with soy in silicone molds like that I would mix with some paraffin so you have a bit of shrinkage and you can get the wax back out of the mold.

I tried soy in a silicone pumpkin embed mold once.......once :laugh2:Child birth was easier than getting those little pumpkins out of there! :laugh2:

In my experience with soy in silicone molds like that I would mix with some paraffin so you have a bit of shrinkage and you can get the wax back out of the mold.

I tried soy in a silicone pumpkin embed mold once.......once :laugh2:Child birth was easier than getting those little pumpkins out of there! :laugh2:

Well this doesn't sound good! Everything is so much more complicated than I expected it to be. In the beginning I just thought "buy some soy, you don't want fake stuff (parafin) for your wax items," had unhappy results tart-wise, then reluctant acceptance that my purchase of 10# of soy ended up being money down the drain (thought it was 5# but noticed on the package this morning it's 10#), then thought "oooo, maybe I can use it for bowl fillers & grubby loaves," & now who knows.

Maybe I should take up crochet : (

Blessings,

Shirlee

Shirlee, you can use the wax for yourself. I used c-3 soy as my wax for my tarts when I first started, Yes they were hard to get out of the mold, I popped them in the freezer for a few minutes, I just finally switched wax cause I was tired of the messy packaging it was leaving. I still have like 20 lbs that I intend to use for my own tarts one of these days. Im not sure why you think soy is usless for tarts.