Tips on Cooling Slowly

I have a nice big cardboard box with the lid flaps and a wood bottom that is level. Place your candles about 2 inches apart and keep the lid closed in between placing candles inside. Heat builds up within the box and keeps the candles from cooling too fast. There is a good thread on here about building a cooling box. HTH.

Steve

Hi I am using a one pour was...that is why I was a little surprised that this is happening....Ive never had to repour :( I have them in a box right now but I do have another ? ..... is having multiple candle fragrances in the box going to affect anything? I dont want the Clean Cotton smelling like the Apple....thanks guys wbs!!

Sorry but I found that slow cooling under boxes or whatever a real pain in the butt. I poke all my containers in case of air pockets then heat gun the top to fill in the holes........only takes a couple seconds!! :cool2:

Hi I am using a one pour was...that is why I was a little surprised that this is happening....Ive never had to repour :( I have them in a box right now but I do have another ? ..... is having multiple candle fragrances in the box going to affect anything? I dont want the Clean Cotton smelling like the Apple....thanks guys wbs!!

I don't think mixing them is a problem. Also, I find if I pour at too hot of a temperature, I'll get that dip with my one-pour wax. Does it help to let it cool a little before you pour?

ok so i did the box idea (which was great ty) but still ended up with slight dips..my next option i guess is the heat gun bidding on one off ebay as we speak ...hope i get it because there is a craft show coming up i would like to enter....i did try and pour at a diff temp, ill try a test again at even lower...did know weather could play such a big roll....bring my summer back! ty guys

ok so i did the box idea (which was great ty) but still ended up with slight dips..my next option i guess is the heat gun bidding on one off ebay as we speak ...hope i get it because there is a craft show coming up i would like to enter....i did try and pour at a diff temp, ill try a test again at even lower...did know weather could play such a big roll....bring my summer back! ty guys

If you have a Harbor Freight Tools near you, pick up a heat gun there. I bought one for 19.99 a while back and it works great. Just went to the website and they have a similiar one on sale for 7.99. Can't beat that price.

Cheers,

Steve

Until you get the heat gun, use your blow dryer on high temp but lowest speed. MAKE SURE you aim it at the candle from a good distance. I learned the hard way and bth me and my cabinets were covered in wax.:laugh2:

Luckily I found out my husband had a heat gun (from Harbor Freight) and it works great!

Sorry but I found that slow cooling under boxes or whatever a real pain in the butt. I poke all my containers in case of air pockets then heat gun the top to fill in the holes........only takes a couple seconds!! :cool2:

I do the same thing. I have tried several one pour waxes and none actually were - no matter what cooling method. I poke. Sometimes the candle can be flat on top and lo and behold there is an air pocket around the wick. Looks can be deceiving.

ok so i went out and bought a heatgun....at first i didnt know exactly what to do where to aim it etc etc.....i just kept going around in circles.....circling the top until it had a small melt pool on it...or until the sink hole was filled....so sad to see my pour candles looking that way.....wasnt like that at all when i first started.....shame on you mr winter ....also i have noticed that candle science has upped the price of their wax...i use the comfort blend 4627 messy wax lol....was thinking about using something else....any suggestions?