I'm getting bummed

rebeccajo99

I've been making and testing my favorite soap recipe of mine and my testers with scents and I'm starting to get bummed. For some reason the palms of my hands feel dry after washing my hands, but the rest of my body still feels soft and wonderful. My husband thinks its because my hands are touching the uncured soap and just getting a little "raw" from it (even though I'm doing cphp and there isn't a zap before I test a small sample) and my body is getting soap that has cured for at least a week or more.

Would you agree with my husband and I don't have anything to be concerned about or do I need to start tweeking again.:sad2:

Thanks

If you're like me, I hate to use gloves and wash everything up after a session. The raw soap makes my hands look like I'm 100 years old but that's what I get for not wearing gloves. I hereby promise to buy a box of gloves and will wear them from start to finish. Amen.

wow, I need to go back to school and learn to read. I thought you said season instead of session. I was like... you have that many pot and enough storage to hold them all to wash them up every few months:)

I hate wearing gloves too. They are on while I'm soaping, packaging and stuff, but they are off as soon as I can. Maybe if I get some dishwashing gloves that are not as tight and clamy feeling when they get wet and/or hot.

I didn't make soap at all yesterday and washed my hands only with fully cured soap and they are looking and feeling a lot better. So, I think if I don't soap today, tomorrow they will be back to "normal", but I don't want to take another day off. I'm going through withdrawls:laugh2:

If you're like me, I hate to use gloves and wash everything up after a session. The raw soap makes my hands look like I'm 100 years old but that's what I get for not wearing gloves. I hereby promise to buy a box of gloves and will wear them from start to finish. Amen.

:laugh2:

I should be sent to the corner as I don't do gloves either.

I don't wear gloves either, but was thinking of starting. Not sure why. Maybe a moment of delusion or clarity, I'm not sure which.

I was watching a video tutorial on swirling yesterday and the soap maker wasn't wearing eye protection. Well, she was. Her safety glasses were on her head holding back her hair. :shocked2:

at least I know that I'm not the only one that doesn't like to wear gloves.

I will try to do better and do what Luminous said... but I'm so bad at that. I just hate the water getting into the gloves when I'm washing up those dishes. I wear the gloves while I'm washing out my containers that held the lye and the lye water, but at soon as those are all washed up... those gloves are off.