Clamshell combo questions

RWV

OK, I've got C-1, Ky parasoy for tarts (just got this in and have read it has changed, so not so sure about this one), Ky 125 cottonseed/soy blend, IGI 4794, Ecosoya CB 135, Ecosoya CB Xcel, J-50, J-223 and some straight IGI 2281. (I know, I know, I've got waaaay too many waxes, but most were smaller sample sizes to test with)

I've read through all the threads I can find and many say to use a combination of paraffin and soy.

Based on these waxes, where would you start? I mixed the 4794 with the CB Xcel 70/30 and got a good tart. I'm going to start testing it tomorrow and see how long it lasts.

I also thought about mixing the KY parasoy with the IGI 4794. What are your thoughts about another good combo to outlast the "everywhere, in your face, at all the craft shows, givin' samples at the Fair" Scentsy clamshells.:rolleyes2

Thanks guys!

I'm having the same problem and will be ordering even more wax on Monday after talking to supplier for recommendations. Please post what works for you. So far, the Gold 464 mixed with regular paraffin 90/10 worked okay but am not super happy with scent throw (this may be due to the FO though) so I ordered two more last week and made a disaster batch last night :(

I'm having the same problem and will be ordering even more wax on Monday after talking to supplier for recommendations. Please post what works for you. So far, the Gold 464 mixed with regular paraffin 90/10 worked okay but am not super happy with scent throw (this may be due to the FO though) so I ordered two more last week and made a disaster batch last night :(

Try a 70/30 blend of Soy & Paraffin you might be happier.

Ya'll are soooo great! I just love this forum. I will add more paraffin to see how it turns out. Two more new waxes will be arriving on Wednesday and will try adding more paraffin(think I have J223 but not sure) to see what happens......I'm going to have a ton of accidental Christmas presents to give this year :)

Edited by Shewill5