Help with glass glo palm

I just poured my first testers today! They are so pretty. I need advice on the clean up. My goodnes my pour pot is all smeared up. I poured it from my presto pot to mix in my color and scent and by the time I poured my candles and went back for clean up it had hardened and I mean hardened. tried reheating it and it would not come off the sides. I am up for suggestions:confused:

I keep my pour pot in the oven (where I warm up my containers). When the wax is almost ready to pour, I turn on my oven. Once the wax is ready to go, my pour pot has warmed enough that any wax in it has melted so I can just wipe it out with a paper towel. I also return the pour pot to the (turned off but still warm) oven after I pour. I angle it a little so any remaining wax pools on one side. Then next time I am ready to run another pour, this wax is hardened and I can scrape it out and have less wax to wipe out later. This also has the added benefit of the pour pot being nice and warm, thus holding more heat while adding color and FO. BTW - my oven is set to 170 degrees.

HTH

Steve

Edited by Wessex

I have an extra presto pot that I use as a water bath/double boiler because I don't have a stove/oven in my basement workshop. When I am ready to clean the pots I just pop it in there for a few minutes and it melts enough that I can clean it out. I usually have to put it in so it is tilted to warm all the way up the side but this is usually how it ends up anyway because it is empty and floats in the water some. I use this method to reheat the wax for my repours too.

I keep my pour pot in the oven (where I warm up my containers). When the wax is almost ready to pour, I turn on my oven. Once the wax is ready to go, my pour pot has warmed enough that any wax in it has melted so I can just wipe it out with a paper towel. I also return the pour pot to the (turned off but still warm) oven after I pour. I angle it a little so any remaining wax pools on one side. Then next time I am ready to run another pour, this wax is hardened and I can scrape it out and have less wax to wipe out later. This also has the added benefit of the pour pot being nice and warm, thus holding more heat while adding color and FO. BTW - my oven is set to 170 degrees.

HTH

Steve

I will definitely have to try this I usually just heat the pots on the stove & clean them up while waiting on wax to melt however, I do sometimes run out of pots & have to wait to pour :laugh2: