I swear 464 wax is mocking me!

I can almost hear its evil little laugh. For years I've been testing every wick I could get my hands on trying in vain to get a good burn with good throw with this wax in a sq mason jar and nothing has worked... I threw in the towel months ago and decided to be happy with tarts. This morning I was digging through my wick box and came across some zinc wicks samples I had ordered years ago and decided what the heck ...why not... found an old tester candle and threw a wick in it.

so far this thing is burning perfect.. that might change tomorrow on the 3rd burn but right now I'm on the second burn and the throw is amazing the mp is wonderful, the flame is perfect.. I'm sure now that I put this into words the evil wax will once again act up, but for a brief moment I'm in candle heaven.

Isn't candle heaven nice:laugh2::laugh2:I am using a 464 blend with xcel and cd wicks. Are you using that 8oz square mason jar? I hate to rehash and bring back bad memories of wicking, but:laugh2:Did you try a cd 10 or cd12? Good luck with the wicking.

Soy

Isn't candle heaven nice:laugh2::laugh2:I am using a 464 blend with xcel and cd wicks. Are you using that 8oz square mason jar? I hate to rehash and bring back bad memories of wicking, but:laugh2:Did you try a cd 10 or cd12? Good luck with the wicking.

Soy

I tried almost all the cd wicks except the huge ones up to 14 I think but it was way to big the cd 8 - 12 wouldnt stay burning , also the lx wicks, same problem either too small or too big, c wicks ( think that was the name of it ) and a few more I cant remember off hand. Yeah it's the 8 oz square

Edited by dixiegal

I also use CD wicks with 464--after testing LX, Eco and I don't even remember how many others, they are the gold standard! Haven't had one drown yet and I power burn all the time (knocking on wood as I type that). :)

Edited by Catlover

I use zincs & I LOVE them! It burns just hot enough to get a full melt pool each time & throw the scent really well. I use 51-32-18z in my 9 oz hex jars with 464. I have come across a few that struggled - CS Hansel & Gretel was one but I tried Peaks Gingerbread Cookies (which I liked better) and it does great! Wicking is SUCH a challenge! My main reason for loving the zincs is how they will stand on their own after pouring! NO WICK HOLDERS!

I use zincs & I LOVE them! It burns just hot enough to get a full melt pool each time & throw the scent really well. I use 51-32-18z in my 9 oz hex jars with 464. I have come across a few that struggled - CS Hansel & Gretel was one but I tried Peaks Gingerbread Cookies (which I liked better) and it does great! Wicking is SUCH a challenge! My main reason for loving the zincs is how they will stand on their own after pouring! NO WICK HOLDERS!

Thats the size I used in the 8 oz sq mason. I thought it was going to drown out ealier but it didn't, it got weak for awhile then picked back up and seems to be doing really well again. I do notice it seems to throw scent much better for me than the other wicks I've tried. Its a nice slow even burn. I'm hopeful:cheesy2:

Edited by dixiegal

I also use CD wicks with 464--after testing LX, Eco and I don't even remember how many others, they are the gold standard! Haven't had one drown yet and I power burn all the time (knocking on wood as I type that). :)

me too, CD's are what worked for me with the sq masons. They are our best seller and not one problem candle yet! Pink sugar came THIS CLOSE to being an issue, but with a bit of fiddling it stepped in line.

me too, CD's are what worked for me with the sq masons. They are our best seller and not one problem candle yet! Pink sugar came THIS CLOSE to being an issue, but with a bit of fiddling it stepped in line.

Pink sugar YUM, I have to wick up too. I love the CD wicks. Haven't used that jar though use the hex now and haven't tested it yet in that jar. I normally use a CD 10 with most FO, probably try a CD12.

Dixiega,l hope it works out, burn til the end, cause those wicks have a way of bringin ya to tears :laugh2:

Hello everyone,

I am new to the forum and also have been testing the 464 in the 8 oz. square mason jar. I am also being mocked!! :confused: LOL I cannot get the Lx or Eco wicks to perform perfect, I have poured 8 candles with same fragrance/wax and put in 4 different size lx wicks and eco wicks and although I do get good scent throw they either burn way to hot and smoke or to weak and start to drown out.

I did order a sample pack of CD wicks- why is this sooo complicated?? Does anyone have any feedback on the 464 vs. the cb135 and wicking suggestions?

Thanks so much

O.K. I'm always up for a challenge:laugh2:Never made a candle in this jar (hope it's the same jar we are talking about) This is 464, no color, lavender Peak) CD12 and so far it's burning great. I think it's going to be perfect:laugh2:but who knows? I am going to test burn til it's dead:laugh2:Hope this helps.

post-11440-139458473329_thumb.jpg

post-11440-139458473333_thumb.jpg

post-11440-139458473667_thumb.jpg

post-11440-139458473672_thumb.jpg

Edited by soy327

O.K. I'm always up for a challenge:laugh2:Never made a candle in this jar (hope it's the same jar we are talking about) This is 464, no color, lavender Peak) CD12 and so far it's burning great. I think it's going to be perfect:laugh2:but who knows? I am going to test burn til it's dead:laugh2:Hope this helps.

Bless you soy it looks wonderful but then again maybe 464 likes you.. it hate me:laugh2:

Went on your site . You have some real nice stuff.

Dixiegal~ I love your sense of humor :laugh2:lol

I couldn't get the 464 to work for me either. It just didn't have the scent throw that the c3 has so it was too hard for me to switch. It poured beautifully though and I wanted it to work real bad but I just didn't get along with it either....hehe

I stil have a bunch of the wax left so maybe i'll give it another whirl sometime :cheesy2: