Mold on candle jar?

Hi everyone, need help....

I have what looks like mold on the inner lids of my candle jars! :shocked2: It is like, white specks. Only on certain scents, though. I used the same batch of jars and wax, dye, etc. It is almost a cloudy look, but nothing on the wax, just the jar.

Can the ingredients cause mold? Is this even mold?? It seems regardless of where in my house they are kept, this happens. I have never seen this before, just started happening in the last 2 weeks. You would not believe how unhelpful the search function is when you search for "candle" and "mold" LOL.

Ideas>??

:confused:

:confused:

Please go to www.snowdriftfarm.com and look up their information on preventing mold.

I don't work there, but they are local and I was impressed with what the owner said to me about this subject.

http://www.snowdriftfarm.com/chek-it.html

The link has a video and while it is oriented towards water based products such as soap, Bill was quite passionate about informing me to check wax products as well.