Straight FO in warmer?

megandgarr

I have done it but it tends to smoke. I have also tried the olive oil idea and after 1-2 heatings it gets a funky smell (goes rancid?). Your best bet would be to mix it 50/50 with DPG. Most candle supply places have it. It is sometimes in with their B&B stuff but you should be able to use their search features to find it easily. This cuts the FO so it won't smoke in your warmer.

I actually have 5 electric warmers in my house and have been using the FO's in my warmers straight. Occassionally I will add a splash of olive oil, but typically I use the oils straight with no problems. I was just kind of curious as to what others did, or if there is something that should be added to make the scent last longer.

I dont sell candles/tarts and only make tarts for myself (and friends/family). Well I have managed to quickly accumulate far too many oils for my newest hobby (ok, call it an obsession) and didnt really want to spend the money on the the amount of wax that would be required to put these all into wax and make tarts. Eek!! I keep telling myself that I need to use up a good portion of my oils (hence using them straight in the warmers) before I buy anymore, but darn they all sound so good and then I get on these boards and come up with a whole new wish list of scents that I want to try... LOL...

I would not use straight fo in an electric warmer. The flashpoint can often be 120/160 degrees and an elec warmer could get really hot and cause the fo to ignite. With 6 warmers in your house, I'm sure you're not watching them constantly. Very dangerous! Carole

I dont think I have any oils less than a 200 FP, but just to be safe I will throw some olive oil in the warmers until I place another order, and then I will get some DPG.

Thanks,

You don't have to order DPG, get some Coconut oil or Crisco. I have used FO only in my warmers. Way too strong at first but fades fast. I don't use much, a few drops, cause it's too strong. You could use water, but it evaporates so quick.