soy Melting

I just made my first soy candle...and I did notice that thewax pool in the candle is almost edge to edge in the glass container. I did use a flat braid whick (since I normally eork with paraffin)

The soy has a MP of 125I added 1 1/2 tbs spoons of steric acid. The containet is 2 incehes across at the bottom in narrows a little bit.

The wick I usedwas a 18 ply. The waxpool is almost edge to edge and about 2 mm deep. Does this mean it wa over wicked? OH btw no FO was added just color.

I'm not sure why you added steric acid to a container candle?:confused: Can you say what jar diameter overall maybe a pic would be good. We need more detail I think, and somebody might be able to help.

Edited by soy327

Pics will be foth coming. The container is like a large shot glass 2.75 inches tall and 2.75 accross. The wick is 18 ply flat braid(again i usually work with paraffin). The reason I added the steric acid to the wax was the wick would just drill into the 119 mp wax and then drownd in the wax. Plus the web site i bought it from recommended it for best results here is the link to the product.

http://www.candlewic.com/store/Product.aspx?q=c18,p512

Edited by Gbhunter

I never added stearic to my soy candles. If your wick was drowning you need to test out a new wick. Have you tried any CDs, LX, CDNs, or Eco wick series? There are a number of wick series that will perform well in soy. You just have to keep testing til you find the right one in the right size for your wax and jar combo.

You may get more help if you post your wick question in the veggie wax section.

Edited by Candybee