Encouragement needed

I finally think I am ready to selling my candles commercially now and have two businesses that are very interested in selling them and two others that want samples and more information. BUT I AM SOOO NERVOUS!

Over the past few months I have been very busy preparing and setting my business so that I can sell my candles, not just legally, but also be able to produce a consistent product. I now think I am there.

The issue… I find myself scared of the “what ifs”. What if I’m really not ready? What if I forgot something? And the biggie…What if they don’t sell?

I know it sounds crazy, almost childish, but I am sure others have had this same fear. How did you overcome it?

I guess I just need that push over the edge and into the unknown.

Thanks

I was scared too when I signed up for my first show. then even more scared the day of the show (i don't think i slept a minute that night.) I still get nervous with every show, wondering if it is going to be good, bad. WHat if nobody buys anything. You just have to keep telling yourself... I can do it!!!

As for your product selling. They are GREAT!!!! I want to buy one and I'm a tough one to sell too.

Just take a step forward and do it. You will most likely make a mistake, but just shrug it off, correct the mistake and move forward.

You will do great!!!

Ok but "what if" you sell hundreds in a month? And "what if "everyone loves them? I always try to turn my fears around and it seems to lessen my worries and know I am doing the right thing. I personally have never seen anything like these and to me thats a great thing! There is so much competition in the candle and soap world and your product is really unique. I don't know who said this quote but I wrote it down and have a post it note on my screen…..

Set out each day believing in your dreams.Know without a doubt that you were made for amazing things. Best of Luck:yay:

I felt the same about my soap, and I worried if I could keep up if it went over very well. It sells very well and I figured out ways to make the products faster. YOU can do it !!! GO for it!!

Little push >>>>over to the selling side :yay:

Here's your push... Jump off that cliff

manfallingoffciff.gif

As others said, we all feel that way. I feel that way every fall season when I start getting all my fundraisers in and then I go into panic mode thinking... OMG am I going to be able to process all the orders. What if that school gets a 4000 piece order. And you know.. Each year, I somehow find a way to do it. It is a very exhilarating, exciting, tiring and in the end I feel like I accomplished a dream.

Dive head first.... The worst that can happen is you have to hire someone, or have to stay up all night pouring candles.

And...Don't worry if anyone will like you product. Your candles are gorgeous and unique. I think you need to worry about keeping up with all the orders you are going to get!!!!

Enjoy the ride into the unknown, it is worth it and fun!!

Edited by islandgirl

What if ...

Where else do you what if?

You cannot grow, learn and evolve without taking chances. You've worked hard to learn and perfect what you make and what you have (this I know, because you've been around for a while and hunting for the right look) and now you have it.

If I need to come shove you out the door, I suppose I could hunt you down. Thing is, swallow the what if and go out and try and see what happens.

Or you could look at it like this ... what if you didn't? Then what?

Stop hiding behind the unknown and your fears (egads! I know this is easier said than done) and go out and surprise yourself!! If we stop learning we might as well just sit in front of the TV and feed our minds with mindless comedy right? Grumble, fart, stuff our mouths with popcorn and Doritos, maybe pick our nose, yell at the wife or the husband to get another beer and then go to bed eventually. Don't be that person.

Thanks for the push everyone. That looks just like me islandgirl, and well said Scented.

I have been preparing for this day for a long time now and it is definitely too late to turn back.

Today I will wrap and package two complete sets of Air Force candles and two complete sets of the Army candles and mailing them tomorrow!

They will be for sale at Offutt Air Force Base's Arts and Craft store in Nebraska.

COME AND GET THEM!