New here ..Most popular scents..

DanaK64

Hi everybody..I am new here..not to candle making but to this board. My name is Dana and from NJ. I have ben making candles for many years. However I had to stop for awhile but now back in the game. I do have some questions since it's been awhile since I have made candles, I make soy and gel. I was wondering if anybody could give me some advice on the most popular scents..I realize that everyone is different and it all depends on your own people you make them for and its all trial and error. I do not yet have the funds to go buy alot of scents, I'm sure alot of you understand this. So maybe like 5 different kinds that are sure sellers would be great. Like a couple must haves for the holidays, and a couple all year must haves.

TIA Dana

Welcome Dana :)

I'm also from NJ

My most popular scents so far for fall are Vanilla Hazelnut, Creme Brulee, Pumpkin Souffle and anything with apple, Mac, Apple Jack n Peel, Apple Pie etc..

Start by reading as much as you can...best place to start is the Fragrance Discussion area if you are looking for good suppliers and yummy scents :)

There's tons upon tons of GREAT information here and lots of wonderful members :)

Hi Dana - Bet it feels good to get back into the game!

Bakery is big in my area Pumpkin Souffle, Cinnamon buns, Hazelnut coffee plus Mulberry and any type of Christmas tree scent. Florals (even in the spring or summer) don't do well for me. Neither do perfume dups.

Hi Dana!

And welcome! I am from nearby Maryland, was just in NJ this past weekend in Wildwood. My passions are gel and soy as well. I find this time of year pumpkin scents are popular, as well as vanillas and apple scents. I don't think there are too many Christmas scents that people don't like, they are always a hit for me. What kind of soy candles do you make (pillar, votive or container)?

Nice to meet you!

Hi Jackie,

Thanks for the post reply...I am about 3 hours north of wildwood...Have had many great vacations at wildwood, I now mostly go to point pleasant it is about 1 1/2 hours from me so its very close and nice there. Well as far as my passions they are also gel and soy. I am just getting back into it after about 5 years so I have many questions going on...I love soy, well used to it seams as though things have gotten more difficult with more things to choose from...like soy? There are so many to choose from, so I for some reason bought the eco soy advanced and having alot of problems with the wicks buring out, no scent throw,air bubbles,frosting and what wicks to use I am a bit stressed over it lately...got lots of orders and now thnking I should be mixing my soy with another wax and have to do alot of wick testing...If you have any suggestions , please feel free to send me some tips.

Really wanted to stay with all soy but if I keep having problems I am gunna have to think again...As far as gel I love it! But after years of not doing it the first time I did a few weeks ago the glass pot I was using blew out a piece of glass and I had gel everywhere...I always melted it in those glass teakettles that whistle and never had a problem! so now I am using the presto pot and then pouring into the alluminim pots then a glass measuring cup to see color etc but it sets up so fast that I find myself pouring and melting then pouring and melting again and again...agh...I am tired of hearing myself think...so sorry this is so long. tia Dana