Kindof a dumb question...

But what do you do with HURRICANES?

(I am talking about the ones like <--- on the instruction page)

They are empty right? I made one and put a tealight in it.

However, the tealight melted into the bottom and I couldn't get it out?

LOL

so please...enlighten me!!

A hurricane is basically a fancy candle holder. You place a votive, within a votive holder, inside the hurricane. Or, you can place a tealight (leaving the tealight inside its plastic or metal cup) inside. Then, once the votive or tealight is used up, you can replace it with a fresh one.

I used to make mine with just plain 147 MP paraffin, and tealights with metal cups would leave a melted depression in the bottom. When I pulled the cup out, it made a great holder for the replacement. I then would use a plastic cup tealight.

"Canes are fun to make! :cool2:

geek

Ditto on the high MP wax, I prefer 160 or over. The metal tealights are more likely to melt the base, because of the metal. I use metal, but I also put a cork circle in the base, as well as an oyster cup for the tealight to sit in. If you have a large enough shell, votives will work.

I use ceramic tiles in the bottom of my 'canes to keep the tealight from melting thru the bottom...as far as usefulness...the are great decorative pieces, and depending on the pic inside, they are wonderful keepsakes for special occasions and make unique gifts.