Opinions on Liquid Soap/Wash/Gel Bases

candlemama

I'm looking for a good liquid soap base/shower gel base, preferably something that lathers great, holds FOs and stays thick, and isn't too drying (I'm not ready to start making my own liquid soaps yet!). After reading through the forums here, I've narrowed it down to the bases from WSP, Brambleberry (the natural versions), Aquatech, and Essentials by Catalina.

What are your favorites? Any experience with the bases from these companies?

TIA!

Blest, could it be the FO you used? I am testing the EBC body wash at the moment and am not picking up on the chemical smell even at all. I AM loving the lather from the body wash base so far, especially when I use it with a bath puff. It works awesome as a shaving foam too when I lather it with the pouf on my legs. I am probably going with that one for my line.

I wasn't impressed with the lather from the WSP base and haven't tried the other one.

I like Aquatech. They even offer sample packages where you get their whole " shower/bath" line of products as a sample for $10!!

Red, have you had any problems with adding FOs to their bases or have you had to add salt to thicken it up? I think I may try their samples. I use their hemp lotion base and really like it.

ETA: how's the lather on their bases?

Edited by candlemama

Red, have you had any problems with adding FOs to their bases or have you had to add salt to thicken it up? I think I may try their samples. I use their hemp lotion base and really like it.

ETA: how's the lather on their bases?

I use the hemp lotion, hemp and aloe body wash and the pearl shower gel. I have never had any problems with them thinning and the shower gel bases have great lather. They are much better than the bases I have tried from NG, WSP and Elements

I use the hemp lotion, hemp and aloe body wash and the pearl shower gel. I have never had any problems with them thinning and the shower gel bases have great lather. They are much better than the bases I have tried from NG, WSP and Elements

Hi Red; I just ordered the Ritzy Gel and Lotion from NG, what did you not like about them?

Edited by Dolphinbear

Bummer, just checked Aquatech's website, and they are now charging shipping. Before it was included in the price of the product. For me, that means a gallon of the hemp and aloe body wash will be about $40. I wanted to try the sample set, but with shipping it is over $20. That makes WSP and EBC much cheaper for me to buy (about half the price). I like the fact the Aquatech base has no parabens or SLS. Hmmm... gonna have to think about this one.

Bummer, just checked Aquatech's website, and they are now charging shipping. Before it was included in the price of the product. For me, that means a gallon of the hemp and aloe body wash will be about $40. I wanted to try the sample set, but with shipping it is over $20. That makes WSP and EBC much cheaper for me to buy (about half the price). I like the fact the Aquatech base has no parabens or SLS. Hmmm... gonna have to think about this one.

Seriously? so now on top of the "shipping included" prices they added more shipping on top of it??? YIKES! I ADORE the hemp lotion, but if the price has gone up even more, I don't know if I can swing it. Darn it! I was going to be ordering more here soon as my gallon is already gone. :(