Plastic tealight cups cracking

Hey All,

Just noticed that some of my plastic tealight cups poured with GG palm were cracking. These were poured a month ago or more, and have been sitting on a shelf. The cracks are around the base/wall joint and vertically down the sides. It is only on a few FO's, but all those FO's are cracking. Other FO's poured at the same time are fine.

Any idea what is happening? The FO's are creme brulee, scarlet moon (MW) and pumpkin souffle.

Thanks,

Steve

Edited by Wessex

No, haven't been burned yet. I did burn one, and the sides actually delaminated as it burned. Almost like when a plastic bottle is exposed to sunlight for many years. Very strange. But only with a few FO's, trying to figure out if there is a common ingrediant. Got them at CandleScience.

Steve

I don't think there is anything wrong with the tealight cups, they look like the same you get elsewhere. They do fine on 95% of my FO's, it is just a few FO's that I am having problems with. I am waiting to hear back from CS, but was hoping someone here had an answer. Will just wait and see if someone knows what might be going on. But don't let this stop you from ordering some, they are nice polycarbonate cups.

Cheers,

Steve

Sooo Is the problem from the FO? I have never made tea lights before:laugh2::laugh2:Stupid I make candles and not sure about this little bitty cup of wax.

Could you tell me what wick? I am using soy eiyher PB or a container wax. leaning toward the pb. There was a post about this maybe I should go back and look.

Edited by soy327

Did a little search and found this: "Do not permit

these chemicals to come into contact with

polycarbonate windows:

• acetone • cutting oils

• air conditioning refrigerant • gasoline

• ammonia • lacquer thinner

• anti-freeze • toluene

• benzene • turpentine

• brake fluid • xylene

• carbon tetrachloride"

http://www.tigercat.com/care%20of%20polycarbonate.pdf

Now I'm not saying that any of those chemicals are used to make FOs - BUT - it does makes me wonder.

Did a little search and found this: "Do not permit

these chemicals to come into contact with

polycarbonate windows:

• acetone • cutting oils

• air conditioning refrigerant • gasoline

• ammonia • lacquer thinner

• anti-freeze • toluene

• benzene • turpentine

• brake fluid • xylene

• carbon tetrachloride"

http://www.tigercat.com/care%20of%20polycarbonate.pdf

Now I'm not saying that any of those chemicals are used to make FOs - BUT - it does makes me wonder.

But gasoline gives the wax such a nice look :laugh2:.

Yea, does make you wonder a bit.

Cheers,

Steve