First batch of CP soap using ultramarine violet

psfponies

Well I was sweating the last 24 hours while my batch was in the mold. I was really worried the color was gonna be this ugly greyish color. I have heard that purple tends to not come out true. But it turned out a nice shade of purple considering it was the grosses color when I poured it in the mold.

Kay

post-11994-139458472485_thumb.jpg

Ultramarines are pretty stable and don't change color much. Looks like you got a really dark purple there.

Yeah its a bit darker then I wanted but I used pomace grade olive oil which I wont buy anymore. So the base is darker to start with and I had to add more color to get it even close to a purple shade.

Pomace comes in a fairly dark green correct?

If you get to worrying about purple, put a hint of blue of into it. Sometimes that helps to anchor the purple. It's worked for me since someone else suggested it, but I haven't used powder purples for awhile, except maybe the grape pop. The purples, if not enough used, can tend to come out a little grayish.

• 2 weeks later...