Wellington?

mparadise

Please do a search on Wellington in the forum. There are many posts about them here.

My general thought, based on comments made on this board, is that they do not rate highly, although I have not personally tried their oils myself.

Sorry, I cannot suggest really any. I ordered from them awhile back and ordered the manufacture grade FOs and I disliked them all. I was so disappointed. They were all SOOO faint smelling, just weak, even right oob. When used at their recommended max usage rate in CP and HP soap, after a few days, it was like there was no scent at all! I never ordered from them again and still have 7 bottles sitting on the shelves. Maybe the premium grade is better?? I do not know. If they had been stronger the clean cotton FO and mango FO would had been nice but they would had needed to be much stronger! I even got one FO that had what looked like dirt or some sort of flakes in the FO so that I was unable to use it at all. The ones I soaped did soap okay though, no real problems just way too weak for me. never tried in candles or other applications so not sure how well they would do in those things. I hope you have a better experience with them than I did this was just my experience with them.:)

• 1 month later...
I have a couple of FO's that I can only find at Wellington so I am ordering some samples. Are there any "must haves" that I should also order?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Did you ever order from them? I ask because your post is a recent one (2010) and the negative posts are from a few years back.

Did you find same old, same old or were they new and improved?

would love to know,

thanks,

Eve

I have had a good experience working with Patchouli and Pear Glace

in paraffin and a paraffin/soy blend. I love their Vetiver also.

(I use their premium grade oils when I test in candle wax.)

Their Sandalwood - (though not quite the 1970's "earthy-woody" blend I hoped for) is very nice and quite a strong thrower in tarts made from 4794.

Their Orange Satsuma is really nice and bright.

And if you order a certain dollar amount you can get some free samples added to your order - which is always nice.

HTH