Please Help! Snotty Shower Gel!

krodriguez

I have been melting down African black soap and "trying" to make a shower gel out of it.

The process is simple. Shred up as much soap as you want, add vegetable glycerin, preferred fixed oil, preferred essential oil, and boiling water to your liking. Let it sit for about three days, mixing it several times a day. By day three it should not separate.

However it is very thin. I have tried using guar gum once and xanthum gum once. Each time the consistency ends up being like snot, no matter how much or how little I used of either. And it is gross!!!! I mean it feels absolutely fabulous (moisture wise) and lathers like crazy. But it looks and feels like snot.

I'm all about staying natural and many things listed as natural are harmful and sometimes synthetic in process.

Does anyone know of an all natural thickener that will give me the consistency of shower gel and not snot? lol

I was thinking about trying liquid lecithin.

Sorry I can't help with additive; but I use a leave in hair conditioner - Intrakera by Image - that looks like leaf green snot! :laugh2: It works and smells great, so I don't care.

Trudi

I love it! I'm glad you told me that. I figured folks wouldn't want to use it because of it's snotty consistency. I will try the lecithin and if that doesn't get it. I guess snot it is! :P