crafter insurance

TashaStyles

• 5 months later...
i saw it posted on here a few years ago. I am looking for the info for the insurance company that provides insurance for crafters. Can someone please give me the link for it.

I just had to respond!!! Well, there are a lot of places. Our company, for example. But wherever you go, there are several things you have to make your policy includes: 1) product liability 2) commercial liability 3) make sure that trade shows and vendors are included or at least don't cost you a lot. And finally, your own supplies and crafts in case they get damaged. I saw there was a guy from RLI here and there were couple of agents commenting. I think all have good advise.

I have a contact at a brokerage that is writing coverage for candle & soap makers that includes products and completed operations. They can write in every state except KY, IL & the US Virgin Islands.

The policy is written with Lloyds - a basic policy is starting at $200-$300 per year with a max gross sales limit of $100,000.

If anyone is interested email me at terim@ridgwayins.com and I can send you the application.

FYI.... I'm currently and agent and have been in the field for about 20yrs now.

here are the minimum premiums:

with a $300,000 liability limit - $235. / $500,000 - $265. / $1,000,000 - $300.

of course these are just minimums and any additional coverage that are added would add additional premium.

the $1,000,000 limit includes business personal property on/off your premises - this would come into play for craft shows & farmers markets

TeriM