new to candles

hi to everyone on the forum.

i want to start making candles for hobby,and for extra money.i want to know where can i find molds for a 30" wedding and baptism candles,thick and/or tapered....

here are 2 images from them.

any idea??

thank you

post-12427-139458471856_thumb.jpg

post-12427-139458471861_thumb.jpg

Welcome! You will find this is by far the best candle forum and the people are so great and helpful for those of us that are new to candle making! You will make great friends and get the best advice out there! Good Luck and God Bless!!! Mary

I'm not a candle expert but I think the first candle image that you've posted is actually made by dipping the wick into wax repeatedly until you're built up enough layers that you have a candle. The second one I'm not sure about - it may be mold-made.

I'm fairly new to candle-making myself and I know that you can get many of the supplies for candle-making at Elementsbathandbody and they have nice candle fragrance oil too. Their site has lot of different scents if you really want to experiment. I'd check to see if they have molds too.

:)

I would retract your statement, apoligise about getting no help if you wish people to help you now and in the future. You might not be able to see us, but we are people with feelings and emotions and lifes other then sitting at the computer.

Having got that off my chest, I cannot assist with your query at all, but welcome to the forum and the wonderful world of candle making.

I make beeswax tapers and have never seen any molds that long. Try a google search to look for them, buy some 30" tapers and make your own silicone molds, or hand dip the tapers yourself.

Plus if no one knows the answer to your question......you may not get many responses, so lose the 'tude!! :rolleyes2