Help! No Scent Throw :(

Hi There Everyone,

I'm new to the board.

Here's my dilemma: I made some jar candles (IGI 4630) several days ago. I followed the instructions to the letter! They set up nicely and I've had them curing for about 3 days. I lit them today and I can not smell a thing. I used 7% of FO (Grapefruit & Mangosteen from CS), and HTP wicks.

I mixed the FO into the wax, stirring for several minutes.

What am I doing wrong???

Any advice would be appreciated.

It could be a combination of things. I'm still testing candles myself, so I don't have a lot of experiance, but I know people are going to want to know some information.

I see that you are using IGI 4630 (at least I think that is your wax type) and HTP wicks

1. what jar size are you using (inside diamater of the jar is the most helpful)

2. What size HTP wick are you trying

Also, do some searching of posts on this forum. I can attest that there's a wealth of information on here about things to check and try if you are having scent throw issues.

...testing is also just a big part of the process.. Boy, does my bank account know that! :laugh2:

• 2 weeks later...
I'm using glass jars with a 3.5" diameter and HTP wicks 73 6" and 83 6" (tried both).

I use the same wax you do but was told Zinc wicks were the best and have been using those but not satisfied with my scent throw either on some fo's. The ladies are this forum are the best and will help us. I'm new also and hope to be able to help you someday. I'm determined not to give up! Ladies, do ya'll think the HTP wicks are better? That could be my problem also so I'll order a sample pack of HTP wicks. Thanks!!

I can't smell my candles anymore, but others say they smell good so I will go with it...lol:rolleyes2

I use 4630 in my blend and I use zinc wicks and quite honestly you just have to test more then one scent, try another scent with same and different wicks see if that makes a difference. :smiley2:

I can't smell my candles anymore, but others say they smell good so I will go with it...lol:rolleyes2

I use 4630 in my blend and I use zinc wicks and quite honestly you just have to test more then one scent, try another scent with same and different wicks see if that makes a difference. :smiley2:

Your right and that's just what I did! Some of my first batch which have been curing for almost a month smell great! This weekend my sister said the one I just gave her smelled her whole living room and kitchen! Thanks everyone for the help and encouragement! Have a great Labor Day!:yay: