Best Paraffin wax for tarts

Can anyone recommend a paraffin wax that is great for tarts, primarily for the best hot throw? I only make tarts for myself (and family, gifts etc) so I am looking for one type of paraffin wax that I could buy (already blended with additives) that would work for this purpose? I dont make candles, so really would like to buy 1 type of wax for my needs if possible.

Thanks!

I was on a similar hunt a couple of years ago. I tried just about every paraffin wax my local supplier carried looking for the strongest and easiest wax to work with for tarts. I ended up liking IGI 4794 the best. It had the most amazing hot and cold throw I've found and the greatest part is that it's a preblend so you just need to add your fo, dye, and uv! The other great thing is that they pop right out of your tart mold or clamshell and do the same for your customers tart warmers when cool.

HTH, Good luck with your search!

Edited to say: If you decide to venture into candles, this wax works as a great votive wax and there's a few people that even use it in containers.

Edited by homecomfort

I couldn't have said it better myself! :)

I've been using this wax primarily for votives, but have made tarts too and they throw well and release very nicely from both the molds and the warmers...clean all the way around. I go through a case of this stuff on a regular basis. lol

I was on a similar hunt a couple of years ago. I tried just about every paraffin wax my local supplier carried looking for the strongest and easiest wax to work with for tarts. I ended up liking IGI 4794 the best. It had the most amazing hot and cold throw I've found and the greatest part is that it's a preblend so you just need to add your fo, dye, and uv! The other great thing is that they pop right out of your tart mold or clamshell and do the same for your customers tart warmers when cool.

Edited to say: If you decide to venture into candles, this wax works as a great votive wax and there's a few people that even use it in containers.

Edited by nmhoneybear

Thank you both for your input. I was leaning in the direction of that wax based on other reviews, but glad to hear some confirmation. Now I am just trying to find a supplier for it. I was hoping to find it at The Candle Maker store since that is where I get the majority of my oils, but no luck. I live in AZ, so there isnt any supplier in the area that I can drive to, so I am trying to cut down on the shipping costs by ordering wax when I order oils. Hopefully I will find it at one of the few other suppliers I order FO's from.

Thanks again!

Thank you both for your input. I was leaning in the direction of that wax based on other reviews, but glad to hear some confirmation. Now I am just trying to find a supplier for it. I was hoping to find it at The Candle Maker store since that is where I get the majority of my oils, but no luck. I live in AZ, so there isnt any supplier in the area that I can drive to, so I am trying to cut down on the shipping costs by ordering wax when I order oils. Hopefully I will find it at one of the few other suppliers I order FO's from.

Thanks again!

Why don't you get it from Peak? I am in New Mexico and order it from there. I go through a case every few months and I don't even sell yet. lol

I would never order it from anywhere else because the shipping would be too high.

Edited by nmhoneybear

I ended up ordering it from Candlescience since I order a few FO's from them anyways. But wow, the shipping was outrageous. I dont sell at all, so I wont need to order the wax that often thank goodness.

Haven't you ever tried any Peak FO? They have awesome FO! :)

Candlewics CBL 141 is a great tart/votive wax.

This one has my vote too! Excellent for great smelling votives and tarts. Holds up to 8% fragrance load. Smooth glossy finish. Does shrink quite a bit. I never repoured my tarts with this wax but always have to top off votives.

I use the same for my melts. How long does your scent last? Mine only last about 2-3 hours. Thanks!

This one has my vote too! Excellent for great smelling votives and tarts. Holds up to 8% fragrance load. Smooth glossy finish. Does shrink quite a bit. I never repoured my tarts with this wax but always have to top off votives.

Another vote from me on CBL 141.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Sorry but I have to disagree I am trying to find a new tart wax and alot of poeple say 4794 how in the world do yall use this wax it is harder then a brick and wont come out of a clamshell at all! no scent and I use alot! no cold throw or hot hardly at all.....my old wax is 6098 this wax is amazing!!! hard to find now but amazing!!!