anyone have luck with 4630 and...

I dont use eco's for some reason they always smell like they are burning or I get some sort of burnt smell with them...weird!

I have tried HTP's with 4630 and they did well but in all honesty at least for me, I found that they schroomed and because they bend would heat up the side of the jar and melt uneven, so if I was going to get schrooming I might as well go with zincs and at least have an even burn and melt, as long as you trim them they are fine...lol

If I remember correctly I think the LX's were not bad either but again same issues as the HTP's HTH :smiley2:

thanks! I have already tried htp,eco and lx's and zincs still seem to be the best choice. The htp's burned the same way for me as well. I was just checking in with others if they had any luck with these wicks because I could never get them to burn great so I thought I was doing something wrong. I think I have OCD as I can't stop testing and testing and testing wicks when I know zincs are the best choice for this combo:laugh2:I just wanted to be sure before I move forward. Thanks much!

I use 4630 and only HTP wicks they work well for me. I have to keep them trimmed and have to wick up. The recommended wick size for my jar is htp73 and I have to use htp 93 and I double wick. I have even burning and and a good melt pool.

Sheli