Pumpkin That Sticks in CP Soap

ChrisR

I did check that Carol, but some of them are pretty old and some listed sound like they don't stick, or they didn't follow up with how it stuck.

I was hoping someone had something current. :cool2:

Can you give me an idea of what you tried? I'm going to shoot for TSW fresh pumpkin. I know that NG's Pumpkin Apple Butter loses the pumpkin completely, but I still like the scent.

I can't even remember whose pumpkin I did the first time, but I apparently don't have it any more at all. Oh BCS' pumpkin cheesecake is said to be nice. I know my BF loves it so maybe I'll use it this time around or make two small batches and see what happens.

Scented I haven't put any in CP yet, but I have WYW Perfect Pumpkin and just got some Oregon Trails Ole South Pumpkin Pie. I think I have some SW Fresh pumpkin also. Maybe I'll just mix them all together and hope it sticks LOL!! :cool2:

I know its not a pumpkin FO but I've used pumpkin juice and a bit of canned pumpkin and then used pumpkin pie spice in a CP bar and it smells like pumpkin still, 8 months later. Of course the "spice" is the main scent but the pumpkin is there.

I used 1/3 water to dissolve my lye into, and blended that into my batch. Then added in 1/3 pumpkin juice (used my juicer to make it) and 1/3 canned pumpkin. it was a 16oz water batch so it worked out nicely to just do 6oz water, 5oz juice and 5oz canned pumpkin.

Thanks Luminous for the info. I use fresh goat's milk for all my CP, but was gonna sub 1/3 of my milk for canned pumpkin.

I don't like using cinnamon and clove in my soaps and that's in the pumpkin pie spice. I tried it once in another Apple test batch for myself and it irritated my overly sensitive skin too much and I had to throw it out.