soy wax is NOT water soluble

I'm so tired of reading on various sellers' sites that their soy wax candles are superior partially because soy wax is water soluble.

IT IS NOT.

yes, it can be cleaned up with hot water, or soap and water, but that doesn't make it water soluble.

vent over.

I love the fact that when giant candle was flipped on to my (fairly) new sectional...a wash rag with soapy water cleaned it right off. People claim a lot of wild verbage on their sites (Aspen candles for example). The mushrooming wick being a symbol of quality.:laugh2:

I used to do Batique alot, and we would have to use plain news print paper and a iron to get it out of the fabric.

I have a "Messy Marvin" son, if it can be spilled or broken, it is gonna happen in my house. lol

So when I heard there was a wax candle, that could easily be cleaned up...I jumped at it. , I love all candles I'm not a hater.

I am just a Mom, that liked the easy clean up....here is some instructions for Paraffin spill. I'm probally wrong and it is soap and water cleanable....:confused:

Cleaning Paraffin Wax Spills on Carpet, Fabric or Floors

1. Scrape off as much of the solidified paraffin as possible.
  2. Use a hair dryer or an iron (on top of paper towels) to melt the remaining paraffin, and then blot the melted paraffin up with paper towels.
  3. Use a wax- or paraffin-removing solution (available at grocery and discount stores). Check fabric care instructions first. If possible, put the item in the washing machine to remove any remaining oil. Dry cleaning solutions and spot removers also work for some items.
  4. For nonporous surfaces, first remove any pieces of solidified paraffin. Then use an all-purpose cleaner. Read the cleaner’s instructions before using

Think it was after our Christmas Eve service last year some wax, paraffin I am sure but not mine!, dropped on the carpet of church. We got a cloth and iron, put cloth on wax and hot iron on cloth and took the wax right out!

that doesn't mean it's water SOLUBLE. it's just hydrogenated soybean oil. oil isn't water soluble. sure you can clean it up with a cloth and hot water just as you can many oils, but that doesn't mean it will dissolve in water.

I'm so tired of reading on various sellers' sites that their soy wax candles are superior partially because soy wax is water soluble.

IT IS NOT.

yes, it can be cleaned up with hot water, or soap and water, but that doesn't make it water soluble.

vent over.

Don't you love people who failed high school chemistry...oil isn't water soluable...and soy wax is hydrogenated soybean oil.

Soap acts like a dispersant, which is why it cleans up with soap and water.

I just remember my motto when I see these shenanigans...if you lie to your customers...it will eventually become clear to them...and they will leave you behind!

Chris

Thank.You.

I hate.. hate with a capital H.A.T.E. when customers ask me "are these the water soluable kind?" NO. Because there is no such thing!! I lost a sale at a show just last week because this woman swore up and down the soy candles she buys are water soluable, and mine must be different if they arent.

OK lady.. go ahead and dump that wax down the drain and lets see how well that theory works out for you.

sigh.

Another local soy candlemaker takes back her jars for a trade-in discount. When asked how she cleans them she said "in the dishwasher."

Hopefully she's melting out most of the wax before she pops them in! Paying a plumber to clean a clog has to be less expensive than replacing a dishwasher.

Another local soy candlemaker takes back her jars for a trade-in discount. When asked how she cleans them she said "in the dishwasher."

Hopefully she's melting out most of the wax before she pops them in! Paying a plumber to clean a clog has to be less expensive than replacing a dishwasher.

man... re-using jars is a whole other can of worms!:laugh2: