Green tint in wax

Lin

Anyone have any ideas why a wax would have a greenish tint to it. Im useing 1343A with steric for just white candles and when i get to like a quarter of the pot, i start noticing a very light but greenish tint to the wax. This has happened a couple other times in the past with this wax and i dont understand what is making it do this. Any ideas? Lin

Anyone have any ideas why a wax would have a greenish tint to it. Im useing 1343A with steric for just white candles and when i get to like a quarter of the pot, i start noticing a very light but greenish tint to the wax. This has happened a couple other times in the past with this wax and i dont understand what is making it do this. Any ideas? Lin
You mean like a Presto pot? If the wax is in there a long time I would suspect a brass spigot of causing that.

Topofmurrayhill, You got it right so thank you so much. I didnt even think of that cause the spiket was behind the pot cause i wasnt useing it. I read your post and went to check it and sure enough its coated with green yuk. Lin

I really have my doubts about those brass spigots. They're mostly made of copper and that's a bad thing in contact with wax. I'm not sure if the fact that it's alloyed helps or not. The problem is that copper catalyzes the oxidation of wax so that it happens much faster. Oxidation of hot wax will turn it yellow.