lip balm supplies texas suppliers

CandleChic

Hi all,

After doing a lot of searching and looking on the board about the best bases,suppliers etc, I haven't found a Texas supplier that sells it all..the base,flavor,tubes and shrink wrap. The two I have narrowed it down to are lipbalmtubes.com,and WSP. WSP in my oinion is expensive on their tubes,but they have everything. lipbalmtubes.com is pretty inexpensive,but not sure about her flavor oils...hasn't that many of a selection.

I'd like to have a Texas supplier who carries it all as shipping is cheaper and next day delivery. I have used BCN, and BCS hasn't got all the stuff,(an hour from here,what a shame).

Does everyone here shrinkwrap,use the boxes or ziplock baggies? I like the shrinkwrap myself.

I also saw the lip balm with SPF or the vegan..which is better?

Down here in the south I think SPF would go really well.

Thanks for any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Linda

www.lonestarwaxworks.etsy.com

Edited by CandleChic

I have some of the lip balm base w/SPF from RE (which is the same place as lipbalmtubes.com) and it is horrible! It is very hard and crumbly...and in most of the tubes I made with it, it will not twist out of the tubes. I followed their directions exactly. It has been over a month since I contacted their tech. support about it, and after a few emails back and forth, I am still waiting for them to take care of the problem.

I usually use the base from BCN, and it has always worked well, and my customers love it! But I have had many people ask for one with SPF in it, so that is why I tried the one from RE.

If you find another company that offers the lip balm base w/SPF, let us know!

Glad you told me that. I assume you are talking about Rustic Ess's. I didn't know they were the same place? My BF uses WSP.

I compared the two,and WSP came out a little cheaper and has more flavors to offer. She swears by their lip balm but it has no SPF.

I won't use them then..am so glad ya told me that! I have decided against a tint and sweetener. I wouldn't mind using mica,but don't think anyone would care if it had a shimmer either.

Didn't wanna spend a fortune to start this and no one want it. I only do sprays that are B&B.

I've been nothing but delighted with my purchases from lipbalmtubes.com (not to be confused with lipbalmsupplies.com, mind you).

LBT is also RE/AH and they have been known to pop a sample of one of their killer FOs into your order if you ask nicely. Their tubes are lovely and their flavors ROCK! I haven't bothered with their base as BCN is the only one I trust. (Tried Southern Soapers lip balm base once, what a waste...)

I have 2 of WSPs flavors, both nice but I didn't like not getting a max use percentage for them. Looks like WSP shares them now but they're all over the map! I'd hate to have to remember that my lemon is a 1% but my orange from the same supplier is a 20%. Who uses 20%?!?

After much trial and error, I've discovered that it really is better to get the best I can from several suppliers than to wait for the imaginary "perfect" supplier. The one who has everything I need, high quality, cheap and right next door...sigh... if only it were that easy...

I know it's not a base, but here is a sunscreen lip recipe (I think I modified it from the one on www.pvsoap.com).

2 tsp. beeswax

1 1/2 tsp. cocoa butter

2 tsp. shea butter (or other)

1/2 tbs. sesame oil

1/4 tsp. vitamin E oil

1/4 - 1/2 tsp. titanium dioxide

Tint and Flavor as desired

I think the 1/4 tsp will yield an spf 10-15 (spf 20 would be 10% of recipe), and sesame oil has some sunscreen abilities as well. The TD will settle, so stir a lot and work quickly. Maybe see if you like it!

Sister Kya,

You make a great point and I should know better,lol. As with my candles,I have about 3-4 places I get from cuz ya just can't get what all ya need at one. I shoulda known the same holds true with lip balm,lol.

I've also read nothing but good things about BCN's base. I just ordered from there and had I figured I wanted to do lip balms I coulda placed an order while getting another shipped,lol.

Oh well, I need more wax after this wholesale order anyway,so may as well get it there. Their flavors are the best prices I've seen to.

Thanks for pointing that out,like I said..I shoulda known,lol.