Shea Butter help!!

Red

I ordered some REFINED shea butter from Columbus Foods. This was my first time ever ordering from them. I am very new to bath and body as well. I am supose to be making my sister up some stuff and when I went to open my shea butter is is super grainy!! I am use to very creamy refined shea. Is this the norm for their shea butter?

I had the same thing happen just recently from some shea I ordered from Elements. On their site they tell you if this happens to remelt it..let it cool and pour into another container to fully set back up. I did this and everything is fine..no more grains. I had only ordered a pound of it so I used the double boiler method and let it melt slowly..let it cool to almost room temp and then poured it into a container and let sit overnight. Hope this helps some. I think this happened to me because of shipping in hot weather and temperature changes during transit.

Hope this helps some. Maybe someone else will come along who has more knowledge on the ins & outs of shea.

Karen

I had the same thing happen just recently from some shea I ordered from Elements. On their site they tell you if this happens to remelt it..let it cool and pour into another container to fully set back up. I did this and everything is fine..no more grains. I had only ordered a pound of it so I used the double boiler method and let it melt slowly..let it cool to almost room temp and then poured it into a container and let sit overnight. Hope this helps some. I think this happened to me because of shipping in hot weather and temperature changes during transit.

Hope this helps some. Maybe someone else will come along who has more knowledge on the ins & outs of shea.

Karen

Yeah, That is what Mike told me when he called me back. makes me feel tons better. Thank you for your response!