My "new" candle room

Alajane

Oh. My. That looks INCREDIBLE!! I love your display and the candles that you have too are nice! Thanks for sharing that, you certainly have it all together! :D I'm still in the stages of clearing off the nick-nack shelves to display mine and I'm running out of room.

Your shelves look fantastic and I can't believe how many candles you've made - do you ever sleep? LOL. BTW are container candles really popular in America? You hardly ever see them in Australia - pillars seem to be the way to go over here. Don't you just love these little cultural differences - fascinating! ;)

Yes, container candles are very popular here. Of course, I don't do pillars so I can't compare the two! But from my personal experience, it seems that containers generally have a stronger scent throw because the softer waxes generally hold more fragrance (of course, maybe I just haven't had "good" pillars--I keep thinking I'll try them someday but haven't made the time yet!). I have a full-time job and just pour candles on weekends and at night so I have lots of things on my "to-do" list.

I can't find how to edit the thread and obviously I didn't know how to size the picture!

I'll try again with a different picture and hopefully the moderator will resize that one.

I have that shelving as well! I have had mine for quite a few months and they have held up really well..

Great pics!

Wow!!! I am not only envious of the shelves, but the amount of product you have made up, and the fact that you have 2 candle rooms! I still work in my kitchen and have one little 4 drawer cart that holds most of my supplies and equipment. Well everything but my wax and fos. Someday..............

Guest EMercier

I just saw some like those at Ikea for $34.99. They only have 3 shelves, but it's a start for some of us. I just got their new catalog the other day.

TallBabyDoll, I worked out of my kitchen for several years, too. Then I decided my daughter's room was being wasted--she hadn't lived there for a couple of years, so I gave away her bed and took over the room! I set up tables in there to pour and shelves for my supplies, and boxed up the finished candles. Then when anyone wanted to come to the house to buy candles I had to drag out all my boxes for them to look through (because I certainly never had a full case of any one fragrance!).

So after my son got married 4 years ago, I decided to set up my craft show display and leave it out so people could see what I had made up (and for my own use--to know what I was running low on). That has worked out well, but DH and I got really tired of unloading the candles, tearing down the displays to take to a show, then putting them back together when we got home. So I've been looking for shelves to leave set up for a couple of months.

Corence--you just need to kick your kids out and take over their rooms! Mine laugh because they can't even come home to spend a night--but they don't really want to anyway.

And, EMercier, that's a fantastic price! We don't have Ikea stores around here--I've heard them mentioned often and would love to visit one. I didn't know they had catalogs--thought they were stores only. Now I'm going to search them out and sign up for a catalog! Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I got these painted ones at Dollar Tree and they also had non-painted, and of course everything at Dollar Tree is a dollar. They had the plain ones at Dollar General and they used to be $1, but I noticed that lately they've gone up to $2!!! I was very happy to find these painted ones for $1 and not have to pay shipping.