Can anyone help this is an ongoing problem

I made a new 3"X6" 132 mp wax pillare and used a 27 ply wick

This is the result: The flame flickers here an there

http://www.angelfire.com/on3/shellandpaulsphoto/candley1.jpg

If I use 24 ply the flame is smaller but I get a huge wax pool and the candle overflows and leaks wax all over. Can someone offer any advice?

If clicking on the link fails just cut and paste.

Edited by Gbhunter

Well I burned the candle for about and hour with the 27 ply wick and it leaked on one side.. It seems all my candles do that for some reason...I think its the 132 mp wax to be honest but does anyone have any other ideas? I mean I have tried just about everything and its just getting to the point I want to give up.

With 27 ply and the 132 wax i get soot. I currently have a lung tumor and the docs cant be sure if the soot is not the cause of it(bot cancer or so they think in their best judgement). Top is the one that recomended the 132 wax I always used the 140 and I never add scent just color like 6-8 drops of liquid color per 2 pounds. I just cant get a small flame I get these huge 2 inch monsters. Does styrine and Vybar help with these?

I dont want a wax blend because then I become a slave to that one particular seller.

Gbhunter in your picture of your candle looked like you had some serious fingernailing, unless it is a mottling wax. That is what I use the stearic and vybar for. Since using it no fingernails or while spots. :)

When I started getting fingernailing I tried everything. Happened to search for who sold my wax and found Cierra - the ole Cierra - and went to their site to see if they showed anything different about the 4625. They said to use 3 TBS Stearic & 1 tsp Vybar 103 per lb. I decided to call them and ask how they came up with this and the person I talked to said that it was recommended to them by IGI. Once I started adding this they turn out perfect.