Triple-Scented Container Candles

I had come across this site months ago and wonder if anyone has ever tried some of her candles:

http://www.candlesbyvictoria.com/

They certainly sound impressive. She uses a Soy Paraffin wax and apparently just inundates each candle with scent (hence the description triple-scented). Heck, I don't even know what a soy wax is. I know that soy milk and soy burgers are supposed to taste like garbage, but I have no clue how there is such a thing as soy wax.

Anyway, she's got some interesting reading on there about how she makes her candles...without giving away too much of course. I may decide to buy one for my mom, since I don't venture beyond making votives.

Umm, yeah, there's a soy wax. Ok, I've got to ask, where are you from? I'm not trying to be a smart ass or anything, but with all the debates here on whether soy or paraffin burns cleaner, not to mention the veggie section of this board full of soy wax users, how could you miss it?

Sorry, I forgot about your question. :embarasse No, I've not tried those. But in the veggie section you'll find all kinds of info about what can and can't be done with soy wax.

Why dont you buy a candle from me? Mine a quadruple scented!!!

Seriously, triple scented compared to what? That is what I never got. Some peeps say "Most use 6%" IT is impossible to know what MOST people use in their wax. Especially since diffrent waxes hold diffrent %. Sounds like a good sounding scam to me. Typical sales pitch. I guarantee a high quality candle, and I sell way more than my "triple scenter" down the road

Actually, from Trousdale County, TN...we don't even have running water here, so what do you expect?

Silly, I haven't been living under a rock THAT long...LOL.

I should have clarified. I've heard of soy wax...I just don't know what the constituents are. I'm not a vegetarian, so I've never touched anything with soy in it and don't quite understand how it is incorporated into wax.

I guess I'm so partial to paraffin that I haven't taken the time to actually study soy wax.

As for the quadruple-scented candles....sound interesting. I wonder if I should buy one from you and one from 'Victoria" and compare them ;)

P.S. Actually living in Chattanooga, TN...a bit more progressive than Trousdale County, but it's still Tennessee.

Actually, from Trousdale County, TN...we don't even have running water here, so what do you expect?

Silly, I haven't been living under a rock THAT long...LOL.

I should have clarified. I've heard of soy wax...I just don't know what the constituents are.

Now, THAT makes more sense. :laugh2: I live in the sticks below you and don't even get cable tv, but I've heard of it...lol

OK, I'll admit it. I'd never heard of soy candles before I found CT...LOL

Yup. Soy candles taste awful too.

Hijack alert!! I found this article earlier today. These folks won $5000 for creating edible soy candles.

Purdue students put the 'happy' back into birthday candles

WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. -- Now you can have your cake and eat the candles, too, thanks to three Purdue University students who have created an edible birthday cake candle that uses hydrogenated soybean oil instead of petroleum-based paraffin.

soycandles.jpg The peppermint-flavored candles don't drip and have a slightly shorter flame height. Christened "Flavor Favors" by their student inventors, the soy-based candles burn an average 25 seconds longer than commercial candles.

The candles took first place in a universitywide undergraduate student competition sponsored by Purdue's Department of Agronomy and the Indiana Soybean Development Council. Inventors Amy Khal of Iowa City, Iowa , Rahul Nair of Jackson, Miss., and Adam Watkins of Goshen, Ind., all students in the Department of Agricultural and Biological Engineering, split a $5,000 prize.

The composition of the candles is 83 percent hydrogenated soybean oil; 16 percent glycerol, a sweet emulsifier; about 1 percent coloring; and a bit of concentrated peppermint oil for flavoring. A combination of fully and partially hydrogenated soybean oil gives the blue, red and yellow candles form and texture; the glycerol makes the candles slightly softer and easier to chew. The peppermint oil could be replaced by other flavors as desired, Khal said.

Watkins, who was the designated candle eater for the team, says he wants to continue work on replacing the cotton wick with something tastier. Watkins is maintaining a World Wide Web page for the project at http://pasture.ecn.purdue.edu/~watkins/info.html

LOL!!! Well, I guess you CAN eat wax.. I mean they used to make those wax lips and stuff when I was a kid and the cola bottles filled with juice. haha.. didn't taste great, but edible.

I am not sure about the triple scented thing either.. I have heard 9% scent referred to as triple scented by some people...

DaisyFairy