I got an off center mold from Peak and...

I'm wondering if I should ask them if I can return it for a new one. It's not WAY off center, but wouldn't even a little affect the burn? My sister, after we lit it, told me she noticed it was off center, so it's enough to be noticeable.

I did wick it very centered from the top (bottom?) of the mold, and I think it's been slowly getting more centered as it burns (I've only lit it twice so far) but it's still not completely even and I'm worried about the wax breaking out the sides. (Blow out?)

So... What do you think? I have pictures if anyone thinks that would help.

The hole at the end of the mold is off center, for those confused.

The ruler is a good idea. I don't want to start fights that don't exsist. I really like Peak so far, so I don't want to cause problems, but if it does turn out to be off center, I'll go ahead and contact them.

About the wick curling; how do I know which way it will curl beforehand? I don't have the candle with me right now, so I can't look to see if it's curling towards or away from the biggest side.

topofmurrayhill, I thought the same thing; doubtful... Just looking at it when I took it out of the box I thought it looked off center but I thought, surely not! So we'll see when I break out the ruler.

I don't want to start fights that don't exsist

No fighting here LOL. Just am confused on what you were talking about as being off center. You said your sister noticed it was off center after you lit it. So that's why I asked if you used a wick pin in the mold...or did you wick the mold yourself before pouring. Sometime wick pins can be bent off center....and sometimes when you wick your mold you don't have the wick centered on the "bottom".

Edited by debratant

Personally I would put a ruler to it and then write "I got an off center mold from Peak." I'm surprised you've posted twice today and still haven't measured it.

If you tape the wick down, it will be off center by the width of the hole. If it then curls in the same direction, the burn will be off even if the mold is perfect.

I noticed the mold was off center, my sister noticed the candle I made with it was burning off center, when I showed my other sister, she said the mold looked unever. Sorry for the confusion.

As for not checking yet, I am staying at my aunt's house and my candle and mold are both at my house, so I can't check until I get home tomorrow. Why not ask now? The worst that could happen is I'm wrong, which, with multiple people having seen and noted that they thought it was off center, I don't really think I am. I want to be wrong, believe me. The best that could happen is I get some advice, which I have, and I appreciate.

What do you mean by taping the wick down?