A Day at the Market 2nd week of June

Tell us about your days at your markets.

Examples:

What sold?

What was your best seller?

Scents that are selling?

What did not sell?

Weather?

Funny Stories?

Any entertainment?

Other vendors, kind of crowd?

Tell us about your market. Let hear how the season is going.

I am going to try to repost this weekly so it is always fresh.

Good Luck to everyone that has a market or show this week.

Great weekend.

candle tarts-clean scents(ocean-clean cottons-fruits

floating candles-any scent except dogwood

jar of tart cubes-all scent sold-no special scent sold best

aroma beads jars-for under seat car fresheners-clean scents

t-lites-fruits

candle tart pastries-berry-orange-chocolates did best

no candles sold

car fresheners spray-lovespells-spice mostly

clam shells-did not seem to matter which scents:yay:

I forgot to tell you this story.I have a table I sell yard sale stuff on ,I had a large bag of molds I used for bath bombs and m&p soaps etc,A lady bought them all and I asked her(what plans you have for all these molds?She said(I buy everyones candle tarts use them a day ,pour them into molds and resell sell them!Can you believe that.I asked do you sell many-yes,she says.Thats how I make extra money,I don't know how to make them for my self,so I use the cheaps ones I can find to used and remold.No,she did not buy mine,mine are higher priced than the other 5 sellers of tarts .

I forgot to tell you this story.I have a table I sell yard sale stuff on ,I had a large bag of molds I used for bath bombs and m&p soaps etc,A lady bought them all and I asked her(what plans you have for all these molds?She said(I buy everyones candle tarts use them a day ,pour them into molds and resell sell them!Can you believe that.I asked do you sell many-yes,she says.Thats how I make extra money,I don't know how to make them for my self,so I use the cheaps ones I can find to used and remold.No,she did not buy mine,mine are higher priced than the other 5 sellers of tarts .

All I can say is WOW.

I have a show on Saturday (first one in a month). Debuting my tarts. Only have a few scents, but its a start. I was hoping to get more done, but didn't happen as planned.

That is disgusting...reminds me of the girl on eBay back in 1997 that bought a whole bunch of my floating candles, then turned around and resold them on eBay for less using my pictures!:angry2: She was trying to build up her feedback score!:shocked2: What I didn't like was she said she made them and was using my pictures! She sold some, but I reported her to eBay, and they shut her down.

Guess it takes all kinds....:sad2:

We had our first Farmers market last night. It was suppose to be windy and it was calm and hot so yea I left my fan at home. I will not make that mistake next time. LOL.

Well for opening day the crowd was way down but I think that was due more to our freaky spring and people just not realizing it summer yet. Plus they had to know that produce would be scarce last night it was.

What sold best my jar candles and my car fresheners, the scent that people wanted was fresh and clean or super sweet.

Entertainment was just so so I could hardly hear them which is a good and bad thing at least I could hear but once the crowd got out of hearing of the music thier moods took a downward spiral.

No vendors to the right of me but to the left was a ski resort of all things LOL across was a farmer the bread folks and a pizza place. One thing about it I eat well at the market.

We had a minor accident one of the vendor a couple of booth down brought thier kids and one was about 3 and they brought a bike for him to ride he kept riding through everyone booths yep he crashed and burned, blood pour down his face not my favorite moment last night.

All in all it was not a bad night.

Our Public market opened last weekend and was super BUSY! I had a real good Sat and sold candles and soap. My beer soap sold good Tahitian Vanilla Spice was the best seller. I sold out of my Vanilla Lace lotion and in candles it was my mix of Lemon and Lavender.

This past Sat was slower the Farmers Market opened and they didnt get the signs up directing people to the new Public Market so we were slow yesterday but i still did OK. Lemon and Lavender in candles was the big seller again. Lots of people wanting my Vanilla Lace lotion...I am out till mid week on that.

The public market is open 6 days a week and I held a good average all week so I just hope it keeps getting better!!