I bought a new type of wax

I was curious, the description says: vegetable wax, holds 10% of fragrance and it is biodegradable. Melt at 194°F and add colors and fragrance at 167°F.

It can simulate snow flakes if rapidly cooled in freezer.

Does anyone of you recognize in this wax something you use? Or experimented? It's not palm wax? They say only it's vegetable wax, I don't know where it does come from...

TIA

Hi all and thanks.

Sorry I don't know what "riddle" means, but here in italy things are very different.

I always buy wax in a store a mix of paraffin and stearin, believe it or not nobody knows what percentage of the two, nobody knows fragrance retention, melting point.

Here wax is simply wax.

So this supplier (who sells supplies for a lot of hobbies and craft) wasn't able to tell me more about this vegetable wax. So I thought I would give it a try and discover by myself.

The strange thing is that I knew about this wax after googling "palm wax". Among results there was the link to this.

Who knows!! Here candlemaking it's not so "scientific" as in USA, I've never heard instructions on how to burn a pillar correctly for example. A candle is lit or not lit, stop.

Oh by the way, there are not so many fires as you can think!!

Now I'll try to make two small pillars, uncolored adn unscented, without wick, one slowly cooled as you say you do with palm wax adn one rapidly cooled as the instructions say, adn compare results.

Thanks to all