cold packs for shipping

I used to use them, even wrapped them in foil to try to keep them cold. Most customers told me they weren't frozen when the package was received, plus if you weren't shipping flat rate, it added to the package weight. I stopped using them.:(

When it is high humidity and high temps, I don't ship. However, that is usually only one week out of the summer. I have found that packing peanuts help to insulate the candles. I have had customers tell me their candles arrived fine and intact in the hot summer months. So when I ship, I use packing peanuts and the fastest shipping method (usually USPS). HTH

I've used them before.... but I used dry ice crushed up a bit and double bagged in plastic baggies. It was still semi-frozen when it arrived in Virginia, from Utah.

Big tip is never ship on Fri-Sat.... (even thu in some areas) because it will likely end up sitting in a truck, shipping container, or on hot tarmac over the weekend. Mon-Tue-Wed your chances of it getting there without ever "sitting" are much better.

I've only had one melting disaster and that was a customer who went out of town, forgot the package was coming.. it was a soy candle and it sat upside down (despite the markings on the box) for 4 days, in 95-105* temps, lol. When she opened it, it was basically an upside down candle. I told her she could send it back and I'd replace it but she just laughed it off and said it was her fault, and said she used it in her tart burner instead. :laugh2: