Wax question

mommyof4

I had my neighbor bragging about scentsy the other day. So I asked her if I could try one of the melts to see what was so darn good about this company. Actually the melt was not that bad.

The wax is somewhat hard but when you press on it, it's kinda soft. Make scents? lol Does anyone know what paraffin wax would be like that?

This is what they say on there site.

Scentsy uses a food-grade petroleum based wax. Scentsy chose this wax because of its superior scent loading ability, melting point and firmness. Scentsy looked at their waxes, but could not find a good quality vegetable based wax that held the scents.

My guess is that it is not a high melt paraffin. I had this discussion with a friend of mine who sells that product line. She said the "blocks" can actually be cut with a butter knife or "scooped" off with a spoon. That is definitely not a high melt. That also makes sense to a comment one customer of mine had made about some difficulty with removing the old melt from her "S" warmer. I use a higher melt point wax than that company and my melts pop right out. As far as to the exact mixture of their wax, I don't know. I am sure that is their "trade secret."

I don't want to copy what "S" does, I don't need to, as I have been around long before they came along....and will most likely be around long after they leave. I do, however, advertise that my melts work in the "S" brand warmers. And it has increased my sales. Thanks "S"! :D

HTH

Well, I've started mixing my own tart wax and I love it... I mix around 30% soy and 70% 4794 and it is they best I have used. My tarts seem to last a lot longer than with just plain ole 4794.

Edited by LeahRB

Thanks!

I could not get the darn thing out of the warmer either. After putting it in the freezer it still would not come out :(

I don't want to copy them, i just liked the fact how easy it was to get the wax out of the clamshell. I have been using ky parasoy and recently been playing with 4794. The 4794 is a booger to get out of the clamshells.

I guess I should of said a minute in the freezer it pops out of my warmer bowl... As far as the clamshell goes, with this mix it pops right out of the clamshells. With just plain 4794 it was very hard to get out.