Rolled Beeswax Candles

Have a question re: rolled beeswax candles. I ordered some sheets and after reading as much as I could find regarding the correct wick I ordered some #2/0 and #3/0 square braid.

While doing all my 'research' it seemed the wick didn't matter much as most of the info was on craft sites; easy projects to do with the kids, etc. 'Just take a piece of wick and roll it up'. (Could it not matter I wondered?)

Well, I rolled up 3 candles, all about 1" in diameter, one with the #2, one with the #3 and one with some rrd37 I had (why not try it cuz all I needed was a piece of wick, right?)

Results: the #3 and the #2 all melted over the edges fairly quick, leading me to believe wick too big. The rrd37 actually did the best, kind of consumed itself as it went down....

I guess after all this rambling my question is - - do rolled beeswax candles 'drip' like a traditional taper or should they consume themselves as they burn?? Probably an important bit of info I should know so I know what I'm trying to do :P

Thanks!

Judy

• 2 weeks later...

Mann Lake has some wick guidelines for beeswax candles and I applied those to the rolled candles as well. I'm not home so I can't check, but I think I used the 2/0 on my rolled tapers and they did not drip. I rolled my candles very tight to an inch or a little less.