Is this right -comfort blend users?

I was told by a candle supplier to add my scent to my wax 20 degrees higher than the recommended pouring temp,that my comfort blend,I should add my scent at 220 f.I thought the scent would flash off that high?:confused: I love my comfort blend but the last batch I got would not scent,so I have been e-mailing the company and have had no real help,except I suggestions-like using to much fo,not enough fo,wrong wick,and etc,the last answer was to add scent 220f and that not all batches of wax are the same,to test ,I know that! I mean if a candle with 12% load will not scent a room 6 +4 room,some thing is wrongYou know comfort blend,you could"nt make a bad candle if you tried.Thanks

Peaks

Comfort Blend (single pour)-IGI 4627

Benefits:

• Controlled batch consistency

• Good single pour properties under optimal conditions

• Exhibits good adhesion to glass containers

• Very good burn characteristics, with excellent hot/cold throw. General Guidelines:

• Preheat glass containers to 125-149°F to allow for better side-wall adhesion.

• Working/pouring temperatures should be in the range of 175-185°F (79.4 to 85°C).

• Can accommodate up to 10% by weight of fragrance.Use fragrances and dyes specifically designed for candles.

• Different wicks may be needed depending on dye/fragrance combination. HTP wicks are suggested. This wax generally does better with wick sizes larger than would normally be used with plain paraffin (Wick-up).

• Oblong or non-uniformed shaped containers may require slower cooling.

• This wax is sticky and can be messy to work with, but has excellent scent throw.

BitterCreek

IGI 4627 "Comfort Blend"

Approx. 50 lb cases

User tips: As with most low shrink, one-fill waxes, you will need to step up at least one wick size. Container shape can affect results; you should use containers with uniform wall thickness and with smooth inside surfaces. Pre-heat containers to 125-140° for at least 10 minutes. Pour melted wax at approximately 175-185°. Note that a small amount of shrinkage is normal, and that this will be more noticeable on a large volume candle.

Data sheet from the manufacture

http://dpswax.com/data_sheets/4627.pdf

I thank your inputs and I am going to change supplier.The supplier just can't come up with answer for this batch.In the beginning,Iwas told my recipe was perfect,then it was where I got my scent(I got it there)then it was wick problem,But I used every wick I had,51 zink-60 zink-htp s lots of sizes-cd-eco-rrds-lx-low smoke zinks-I did not have trouble wicking it-no cold scent and no real hot,the wax did not appear to be evenly mixed to me,the out side edges were more firm than the middle and just felt odd to me.But this last answer just did it for me,220 f I knew was to high.Then I was told maybe I should change waxes!well I have complained enough about it,I am so disguised,I wasted all of the wax-nothing to show for it but bad candles that after months of sitting ,you can't smell them,even my tester people have the same problem with them,so it is not my candle nose.:mad:

I have another question-the price of the wax reflects the quality of the wax? I have been checking other suppliers out and I see the price of comfort blend is a wide range-from $37 a 25 pound box to 63.00 for the same size box.Huh? I wanted to order close to w.va. but now the price has me confused,if it is in deed a consistant wax for the price ,great-if it is the same wax for the price then ,it does'nt matter where I get the wax-right?

The price shouldn't have anything to do with the quality - I would think that if it's packaged and sold under the IGI-4627 name, the quality should be consistent. Of course I know minor inconsistencies in production can occur, but if those inconsistencies result in a nearly $25 price difference, then it should be called something else, IMO!

I get mine from Candlescience, and they charge $39.99 for a 25-lb block. Candles and Supplies, on the other hand, charges $62.14 for (what they call) a 26-lb cube. Sorry, I'm not paying $22 for an extra pound of wax! I order mine from Candlescience (despite living 45 minutes from C&S). Even with the shipping from North Carolina added on, it's far cheaper than driving up to C&S to pick it up!

I get excellent throw with 4627 wicked with htp's.

I believe htp wicks are recommended as best for this wax per the manufacturer...don't quote me on that, but I read it somewhere. Perhaps Peaks? Yep...here it is on there site

Different wicks may be needed depending on dye/fragrance combination. HTP wicks are suggested. This wax generally does better with wick sizes larger than would normally be used with plain paraffin (Wick-up)

I don't use the 10% fo load though...I typically will do 8% with it.