Recipe for blowing bubbles?

jonsie

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask about this. I'm also not sure of the right thing to call it and therefore had a hard time searching for it in the forum search function.

Basically I'm looking for a good recipe for bubble solution for blowing big bubbles.

I've seem some basic kitchen recipes similar to this:

1 Cup water

2 T glycerin or light Karo syrup

4 T dishwashing liquid

Mix and enjoy.

The problem I have with these recipes is the dishwashing liquid can be so variable, and it seems I might have good results from one batch but not the next.

Now that I have some soap bases and additives around the house, could I possibly make something better? Any suggestions?

Ditto on the Dawn dishwashing and it has to be the original not the ultra. Usually you can find it at places like drug stores or hardware stores. I get mine at Family Dollar. If you can't find that you can try an older plain old ordinary soap like ajax.

I also use distilled water and the solution gets better if you let it sit at least overnight.

... since I can get a gallon of it at Walmart for $4 or $5 I just buy it! Half of it ends up spilled all over the driveway anyway!
OH HOW I MISS WALMART! For some reason, bubble stuff is expensive here in Australia, a quart might cost $8 Aus ($6.50 US). I think it is shipped into the country pre-mixed so we are paying for the transport of the water :(

Hi Jonsie

Try the $2 shops or check out Spotlight/Lincraft but they are usually more expensive. Not sure whats in WA but here in NSW we have Sams Warehouse, GoLo etc...places like that always have cheap bubble stuff. I cant buy it for my kids cos when it runs down their arms it flares the eczema

:)

Thanks Tammy. I'm very jealous you have a Sams Warehouse! But I am sorry to hear the bubble stuff flares up your children's eczema.

I'll see if I have any luck with any of my liquid soap supplies. I may also ask the local soap supplier if they have any suggestions. Maybe they know of something that won't be irritable to sensitive skin.