how the heck is this safe???

It's not on the inside of the jar. I think it's a cool ideal, thought about it myself. I just don't like the look of the plastic around the lid. Another company puts a couple of cardboard scents in their lids.

Their prices are low, are they made in China? Cause we can't get out supplies cheap enough to sell at those prices.

Edited by Sharon in KY

yeah thats where i seen it at. then i googled the company they are not far from me in findley newyork. I just cant believe they would even try that, and then i cant believe people would think its ok to burn it. plastic with flames generally makes me think of fires.

They problably use a different wax for the lid. It would be more like a votive or pillar and tunnel without getting a full melt pool to the plastic. I don't think $9.00 for that candle is really cheap. Wal-Mart sells large apothecaries for $5.00. The proof would be in the burning of it. I looked up their retailers and they have several chain stores in our area. Just another dollar store candle that stinks or doesn't stink.

It's not on the inside of the jar. I think it's a cool ideal, thought about it myself. I just don't like the look of the plastic around the lid. Another company puts a couple of cardboard scents in their lids.

I don't like the plastic either...]

Yup, that is one of the reasons we went with the apothecary jar - we thought it would be great if we could fill the top also - kind of different from other candles we had seen.

Of course, when it got right down to it, we decided it wasn't safe to do that. Even if we put a warning to take the plastic off, we KNOW that most people don't read the warnings! Heck, we didn't even read the warnings before we started making candles!!