Facebook advertising

Anyone advertise on facebook? What have your results been if so? I was looking at it but don't know if it's something worth trying or not. It says I have been selected for 25 dollars in free advertising from today until Tuesday at 7pm. Just curious if anyone has tried it.

Edited by momtohaley2004
grammatical error

We tried it, and came to the conclusion that a facebook page promoting our business was a pretty good idea - but as far as the ads go, people generally don't go to facebook to shop (at least for our products).

On the plus side, you can sort of control how you want to advertise (pay per impression or pay per click), and put limits on how much you are willing to spend per day. Set up is easy, you can target your preferred demographic, and reporting is good also.

I have also tried it. I have my biz page in addition to placing an ad. My experience was a lot of hits, reached our max $ amount quickly with no sales. Ad removed as I felt I can better control my Facebook page and advertise my website other places with "more bang for my buck" somewhere else/other venues.

I have also tried it. I have my biz page in addition to placing an ad. My experience was a lot of hits, reached our max $ amount quickly with no sales. Ad removed as I felt I can better control my Facebook page and advertise my website other places with "more bang for my buck" somewhere else/other venues.

I too have never tried it, but have heard simular stories as doglover. I hear more stories on getting the hits, and not the sales than the other way around (now that I think about it, I don't think I ever heard of people getting sales from it).

As a person who is on facebook (way more than she should be), I look at the ads occasionally and if one pops out at me, I click it, but its more to see what they have/prices. I normally only visit the candle and soap ads.