Label feedback needed

jonsie

Any input is appreciated. Momentum is picking up on my candles and before I commit to a label design, I'm bringing it to the experts :D

For my wooden wick candles, I'm thinking of four basic labels:

1: My main label, as generic as possible to be used on all of my candle sizes, in color

2: Warning label, as generic as possible, on the bottom of the candle, in black and white

Subi Scents

Soy Candle

WARNING!

To prevent fire and serious injury: Never

leave burning candle unattended. Keep away

from drafts and vibrations. Keep out of reach of

children and pets. Never burn candle on or near

anything that can catch fire. Burn candle on

protected and heat resistant dry surface.

Burning Instructions:

Trim wick to 1/8” (3mm). Trim wick when wax is

cool. Allow candle to cool completely before

relighting or handling. Keep wax free of items

such as wick trimmings and match sticks.

Do not burn the candle more than four

hours at a time.

3: (not shown) Scent label, to be put on the top of the candle jar (all of my candles are containers, or possibly packs of t-lights), maybe in color

4: (not shown) A back label detailing ingredients, weight, estimated burning time, and contact info, as generic as possible, in black and white

For soaps, I'm thinking of three labels:

1: My main label, used on all of my foamy soap sizes

2: (not shown) Scent label, small circular, in color

3: (not shown) A back label detailing ingredients, weight, and contact info. Kept as generic as possible; in black and white.

"Subi" is short for Subiaco, a suburb here in Perth. Timber is the more familiar word for wood here in Australia. I plan on doing other products but this gives you a general idea. At the moment, all of my candles are containers in Metro jars.

post-11807-139458469915_thumb.jpg

post-11807-13945846992_thumb.jpg

Edited by jonsie

So what's foamy hand soap? Is it a cross between semi bubbles and cream?

Labels look fine and maybe in Perth labeling laws are different, but container size doesn't have to be on the front?

Edited by Scented

So what's foamy hand soap? Is it a cross between semi bubbles and cream?
I think Dial in the U.S. makes a foamy hand soap that you can buy at any grocery store, and after using it I fell in love with that type of soap. And here's a good link that describes how to make it: http://www.aussiesoapsupplies.com.au/Foamies-c-46.html
Labels look fine and maybe in Perth labeling laws are different, but container size doesn't have to be on the front?
Thanks for the feedback! And tbh, I really don't know what the laws are. I'm not sure where to begin on that one, but I'll start looking.

Thanks for the link. I'll check it out.

As another suggestion, I'd have your contact info on both labels just so your customers don't forget who you are. You can put it on there in a subtle manner, but I am thinking front and back keeps you in their line of sight more. They might not think to check the back just seeing directions ... it's just a thought.

Thank you, Scented :) It certainly wouldn't hurt to put it on there. As you can imagine, I was going for as uncluttered a look as possible, but I don't want to shoot myself in the foot either. I'll make some updates and repost.

Thank you, Scented :) It certainly wouldn't hurt to put it on there. As you can imagine, I was going for as uncluttered a look as possible, but I don't want to shoot myself in the foot either. I'll make some updates and repost.

I don't think you'll clutter it. Just play around with it's positioning and sizing. The label is open and airy enough to withstand it I think (as long as it's not supercalifragilisticexpalidocious (or however that's spelled) long.

Sorry for the delay in responding. So much going on in real life, I can't even pour candles. And that's saying a lot!

I like the colors...it is a fun label, good job!
Thanks! That means a lot since I've always admired your banner ad in your signature
... (as long as it's not supercalifragilisticexpalidocious (or however that's spelled)
hehehe... my daughter was just given a t-shirt with that on it. They couldn't squeeze anything else on the front of the shirt!
Is it a good idea to not have the scent on the main, front label of a jar or pillar? I'd certainly like to do it that way, for ease, and also to feature the candle rather than the scent.

Seems like something along these lines:

http://www.ajscountrycottage.com/Cottage-Garden-Soy-Candles-p-2.html

is more the norm?

Radellaf, I agree with you that your link shows what I think is the norm. When I fell in love with the WoodWick candles, I also really admired their labeling. For an example, click here. Their front label is very basic and doesn't state the candle size or scent. The size and scent are listed on a sticker on the bottom of their candle.

If it is legal for me to do so, I'd like to keep the size and the scent of the candle off the main label because:

1) If I purchase these labels from a professional printer (one day) I'll save money on volume. That way I can use one label on multiple sizes or multiple scents.

2) I will be coloring the wax so it should give some kind of hint as to what the scent is, although maybe the color might intrigue the buyer just enough to take the candle off the shelf and look/smell for themselves. I'll state the scent on a round label on the top of the candle, but for my taste I would rather not list it on the front label. If I must do it, no problem, I'll work with it :)

Thanks again for your feedback! Y'all are such a big help.